Question About Figure Stands

yojoe.com

Question Question About Figure Stands

Hello,

I am new here, but have been coming to YoJoe for years. I am just getting back into collecting things, albeit slowly as I sold of my large collection of Joes back in 2007 because I was moving. I really wish I hadn't done that, but what is done is done.

I had a question for all of you out there. I recently bought some figure stands off of Ebay and today I took what figures I do have and thought I would display them. However I noticed right away that a lot of the pegs in the stands do not match up to the holes in the Joes' feet, almost having to force them in. My 1987 Cobra Commander's left foot broke as I was attempting to do this. I am not sure if I pushed too hard or not, but I don't recall of ever having any issues with displaying figures with stands in the past.

The stands I bought all have a Hasbro 1988 copyright date on them. Have any of you ever had this problem with figures not matching up to stands and breaking? Are there more than one type of figure stand (not including the 25th anniversary stands) other than the color differences of black, tan, green, etc.?

If anyone can help out an old./new timer, I would appreciate it.

Yo Joe!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi,

1) NEVER push on a stand to make it fit... NEVER... did I told you... NEVER!

2) I always used: Action Figure Stand for Vintage GI JOE 3 3/4"
    For some reasons, few figs are still not fitting well, Like Tripwire

3) Stands made by Hasbro came in some colours... in some accessory packs they where msde Brown. They were made Black for figs in 1997 and more.

Martin
    Last edited by martin-montreal; 08-31-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted