To open, or not to open. That is the question

yojoe.com

Lightbulb To open, or not to open. That is the question

Hi, I've been collection G.I. Joe for a long time now, and alot of the people I know who also collect, they open there figures and toss the package.

WHAT???

I guess that they don't understand that the package is part of the deal. I mean to someone who opens it, its just trash. But to a TRUE collector its a work of art. I mean look at the 30th collection coming up and the past pursuit of cobra figures. There cards are a work of art!

So I guess what I'm trying to get across here is, think twice before you tear that sucker open and admire the work that some artist put into that picture of your favorite Joe.
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kdai5k.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I open my stuff (well with the exception of the 25th anniversary items), but I always try to do so in a way that does not detroy the cardart. In that way I can appreciate the artwork and the toy that both parties contributed a lot of work to produce.

I still have the cards from the new GI Joe figures I have. They're filed safely away. What I do to open them carefully is cut along the edge of the plastic piece with my exacto-knife, then slide it in between the plastic and the cardboard. Lifts the plastic off without pulling away too much of the cardboard.

Now, if I just had one of Pathfinder...........
    Last edited by Pathfinder_fan; 09-03-2011 at 01:06 AM.
    "Well whaddaya know? Cobra Commander's personal chemistry set!"

My Wish List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/82931...wish-list.html

#######

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder_fan View Post
    I still have the cards from the new GI Joe figures I have. They're filed safely away. What I do to open them carefully is cut along the edge of the plastic piece with my exacto-knife, then slide it in between the plastic and the cardboard. Lifts the plastic off without pulling away too much of the cardboard.

Now, if I just had one of Pathfinder...........
    I've given that a shot, but worried that the bubbles will ding/crush over time.

Quote Originally Posted by FLAKJetPack View Post
    I've given that a shot, but worried that the bubbles will ding/crush over time.
    The process he described doesn't keep the bubble. The bubble is removed carefully and thrown away.

I only open the new Retaliation figures and Rise of Cobra maybe. I never open any of the old ones. I also keep the packages.