1985 APC Tent

yojoe.com

Thread: 1985 APC Tent

Dispersed about the country in deep cover

1985 APC Tent

Just picked this up from the 'Bay...

APC Tent

Propadeutic, the pic credits are yours. Any advice on setting this up, etc? Anyone else have one of these. I had it for a great price, then someone bid it up by 15 bucks right at the end of the auction. Still think its worth it though, and it has the box.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats on the find. I lost the instructions practically out of the box, but I always just used my mad Tinker Toys skills to put the rods into an APC shape. The tent just drapes over it and the inflatable cannon sort of sits in the turret.

I can say that the front center crossbar is put together in an off-center T shape to attach the steering wheel to. That's why one of the bars has an odd length.

._____.|.___.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."

Thank you sir! We'll see if the instructions are in the box..... This should turn out to be an interesting find; the only one I've ever seen was yours when I was perusing the "Not Just Action Figures" section in the archives. Don't necessarily care about the rarity, but I am curious if there are others that have this. I'll post some pics when it gets here....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A fun tent

This is a fun tent. I can't believe they don't have more pics online! The key is having all of the yellow connectors, especially the corners! If u are missing any black tubing then try to get some PVC from Home Depot.

Commonly the cannon gets a hole in it and the tent door often is ripped.

It's rare for it to be mint w mint box loose.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavieur@aol.com View Post
    This is a fun tent. I can't believe they don't have more pics online! The key is having all of the yellow connectors, especially the corners! If u are missing any black tubing then try to get some PVC from Home Depot.

Commonly the cannon gets a hole in it and the tent door often is ripped.

It's rare for it to be mint w mint box loose.
    We'll see what we get once it arrives... BTW, did you ever find either Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow from the ROC TRU movie displays?

Here's what I got...

You'll notice the TENT is missing!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! The eBay seller refunded the money and told me to keep it anyway very apologetically, but damnit. I really wanted this to be right. Oh well... if anyone comes across the APC tent portion, hook me up!

A couple observations:
    -The horn has a great little squeek to it
    -The turret will inflate and hold air
    -The box is not the best, but it exists, which is kewl

Propaeduetic, if you would, how many yellow connectors and what shapes do you have to complete this. Could you take a pic with the tent cover off so I can see the framework? Any help would be appreciated.

Nope CG. Got the rest of the TRU display but not them. I even got the gigantic shipping carton.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavieur@aol.com View Post
    Nope CG. Got the rest of the TRU display but not them. I even got the gigantic shipping carton.
    Sorry bro. Well, at least we know only a few are out there. Check out my pics in my sig if you haven't seen them...

Do you have an APC tent?