1984 Black Cobra Motorized Tank - Limited Canadian Release - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I know where you were going with it - no personal offense taken. I know how difficult it can be for the vast majority of the collecting community to swallow the type of expenditures that collectors like myself sometimes lay down for toys. Lots of high-end collectors choose not to discuss their purchases publicly because they don't want to face that very type of response.

My answer is always the same - everyone collects differently and we all have a right to do it however we want, as long as we don't hurt anyone else in the process. I personally don't understand AFA collectors or army builders, but to each their own......
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan View Post
    I personally don't understand AFA collectors or army builders, but to each their own......
    Would you like to explain that a little more? I get both of them. I would think that a collector that has your tastes would definetely get AFA collectors. And army builders, well that's the easiest thought process ever, lol.
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Night Viper View Post
    Would you like to explain that a little more? I get both of them. I would think that a collector that has your tastes would definetely get AFA collectors. And army builders, well that's the easiest thought process ever, lol.

From a purely intellectual standpoint, I guess I do "get" both types. But collecting to me is an emotional pursuit more than anything else so what I mean is that those two collecting focuses just don't appeal to me.

As far as AFA, I don't think that their tiered price scale is fair to the consumer, I don't think that they have sufficient credibility as a company (they make too many mistakes for a company whose entire premise is built around proclaimed expertise), and I certainly don't believe that buying an item graded is worth the premium price that some clearly do. The cases look nice, and I would happily buy a bunch of them if I could, but I don't see any value in their actual service.

Army building is neat to see, but I simply never had any interest in having more than one of any toy. I also have limited space for my collection, and would prefer to have one of everything than 100 of one thing. It's just a matter of where your priorities lie as a collector.

Who knows - maybe I am "retarded" for bidding $500 on an empty box - but I know if I win this item it will become one of the centerpoints of my collection and will bring me great joy - and isn't bringing ourselves great joy why we all collect? Everything else is just details......
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan View Post
    From a purely intellectual standpoint, I guess I do "get" both types. But collecting to me is an emotional pursuit more than anything else so what I mean is that those two collecting focuses just don't appeal to me.

As far as AFA, I don't think that their tiered price scale is fair to the consumer, I don't think that they have sufficient credibility as a company (they make too many mistakes for a company whose entire premise is built around proclaimed expertise), and I certainly don't believe that buying an item graded is worth the premium price that some clearly do. The cases look nice, and I would happily buy a bunch of them if I could, but I don't see any value in their actual service.

Army building is neat to see, but I simply never had any interest in having more than one of any toy. I also have limited space for my collection, and would prefer to have one of everything than 100 of one thing. It's just a matter of where your priorities lie as a collector.

Who knows - maybe I am "retarded" for bidding $500 on an empty box - but I know if I win this item it will become one of the centerpoints of my collection and will bring me great joy - and isn't bringing ourselves great joy why we all collect? Everything else is just details......
    Hey, we all have things we like and dislike. I just like you LOVE int'l items, most people don't care for them and don't see the point in a figure from Brazil. Who cares what others think, just do like what you just did and do what makes you happy. If I had the resources I'd buy that box in a heartbeat. Eventually as I complete my O-ring collection I'll have more available to spend on argen 7 or the mexican joes, or who knows, maybe even the top tier funskools. The way I feel is as long as you are feeding your family and everything else going on in your life and can afford to buy something you want, get it while you can, you only have one life to enjoy, so do it right.

I like army building international GI Joes. My Hunter army cost me dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    I like army building international GI Joes. My Hunter army cost me dearly.
    ooohhh man, I'd love to army build hunters and black camo jammers. Maybe when there aren't many things left to buy within my budget that day will come, but for now I must live with the z force base with only quarrel and the z force commander and a few customs manning it. How many hunters do you have? I think the black major needed to make hunter and z force troopers, they'd be beast!

Quote Originally Posted by wild weasel tank buster View Post
    ooohhh man, I'd love to army build hunters and black camo jammers. Maybe when there aren't many things left to buy within my budget that day will come, but for now I must live with the z force base with only quarrel and the z force commander and a few customs manning it. How many hunters do you have? I think the black major needed to make hunter and z force troopers, they'd be beast!
    5-6. I'll have to check and Take a picture.

I have a question

Did the cobra commander come mint in bag or mint in plastic bubble with red cardboard ?

Since it wasn't a window box I'd assume a plastic bag with the filecard packaged seperately in the box.

Is it possible to combine the Sears CAT and KB CAT2 to make a close match to the look of the Canada tank? Has anyone done this?