shipping for Defiant Crawler question

yojoe.com

I'm searching for the shell for the Defiant's crawler for a fairly ambitious custom. However, before I start looking, I want to make sure that shipping won't be insane. I found one on ebay that listed shipping at $65 (which seems high to me). Is this about right, and if not, what is typical?
    ....apparently I can't customize for my wants anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've heard ups ground is the best way to ship something large like the defiant, it just depends on if the seller is willing to work with you to keep the shipping reasonable.
    "that's the way baseball go"

could someone give me an actual ballpark amount?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just had the doors alone shipped to me for around nine bucks. The problem is the size. I know from experience, a complete defiant Fedex'd to Alaska from the lower 48, in a single box is around $80. Of course, the only box it'd fit in was a Uhaul shorty wardrobe box. If you need crawler parts, lmk I've got just about everything except the chasis I need to get rid of before I move in two weeks. hope this helps

well i paid $72 for mine, and it was sent by ups from CA (i think) but that was with excellent packing. came through just fine, but i know its heavy and $65 sounds about right

urgh...well, looks like plans for that custom will be iced unless I can find one at a flea market or something...

hey!!! why didnt you just ask your old pal aaron
    little disapointed
    shipping from my house to you is always free!!
    Crystal ball army, 85 and counting! Accepting donations 