My new experience with smalljoes.com

yojoe.com

Arrow

A couple of years ago I loved smalljoes.com It was a nice store with pretty quick service. Starting about the time of the internet only wave 5 with Serpentor I thought they went down hill. It typically took at least a month to get things I ordered from them. After several extended waits for orders, I gave up the site.

Lately I have been hearing they have speeded up things and was finally brave enough to try it out again. They had a couple of figures I wanted and placed an order on Friday June 4. The status was changed to shipped as of today June 7.

That is the fastest turn around I have ever had with them. If they do indeed arrive in the timely manner they appear they will, I will happily order from them again.

I was just pleasantly suprised and thought I would pass it on.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

hello Dock!
    well...tell me something; if i make a new order from them, do i going to get my stuff soon?
    cause about 3 weeks ago, I try to place and order but I did not get a reply...it make me sad..
    should I try again?

lmk
    thanks
    Jose Isaiah Peña

I think he just got behind when he went to the convention that year and took a while to catch up before going full-time.

I just placed my first order in a while on Friday as well. I plan on another order this week as soon as this first one ships

[ June 07, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i placed an order 6/4 an received my items today 6/7. that is some speedy shipping. wish everyone was atleast half that fast in shipping.

That was always a draw back for me. The delay on shipping wasn't the worst I have ever dealt with just a big too long for my tastes. Nice to hear they are speeding things up. I might take another chance and order a few things as well.

I used to order from them all the time. It usually took 2-3 weeks to get my stuff. But it always came. Even one time when they forgot to ship a couple items in a big lot I bought, I emailed them and no questions asked, I got the rest a few days later.

I wasn't particulary happy when I placed my last order in Dec/January though. I ordered 100 figure stands and 5 of the Polar Blast with Snow Serpents. I got the stands 3 days later along with an email saying that even though they had the PB up for sale, that they must of run out, but would look for them in there storage. They said they would refund me the price/shipping for the PB.

But it took 2 or 3 emails and about 40 days to get the charge off my credit card. I just don't like it taking so long, for a reverse charge.

But it worked out ok. Because I then went to kebcotoys.com and got (the last 5) PB they had for $10.99 each. Instead of $16.99 each from smalljoes.

So all in all it took a little more time, but I save at least $30. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But I probably won't buy from smalljoes much anymore because they are more exspensive than others. I'd rather wait a week more than pay more. $20 here and there may not be much, but it adds up.

Just gotta be a little more patient.

[ June 07, 2004: Message edited by: Cavalry Man ]

I won an item from Smalljoes off ebay and asked if I could make an order from the site and ship it with the ebay item.

Few hours later I got a reply, made my order; and in less than a week I had my stuff.

Good stuff.
    Castle Destro

YoJoe! International Updated: 50+ Funskool Filecards!

Acmirro - Sturdy Construction For Rugged Play.

Opie & Anthony XM Sattelite Radio High Voltage 202!!!

My order from Friday was shipped Tuesday and arrived Thursday

[ June 10, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:
    I think he just got behind when he went to the convention that year and took a while to catch up before going full-time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what it was...the con in 2002. At the time he was also working full time on top of smalljoes, now he is doing smalljoes and nothing else. That con kicked his arse.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Prozac's ebay auctions