Anyone know anything about this Sky Raven Prototype? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I talked with the owner of the other white boxed sky raven like I told you about on the other forum. He said the tape dried up and opened on its own. He pulled back the flap and saw a regular chromed sky raven. Sorry man, but I would not open that if I was you.
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yah, I was thinking the same. Also Chris, his was the same right? No different than this one?

Quote Originally Posted by sirt8669 View Post
    Yah, I was thinking the same. Also Chris, his was the same right? No different than this one?
    Correct. They are the same. The original seller had at least three of them. Also, it makes sense that the actual item would be in the box, if it was a test piece to go through the sticker machine. They would want to use a box with the correct weight and size.

This is still a great piece, but I doubt it will contain any unknown gems. You still stole this at the price you won it for. Like Kevin, I too have a proof sheet (he traded one to me) for this one and that was why I also wanted it.

Chris

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSON View Post
    Correct. They are the same. The original seller had at least three of them. Also, it makes sense that the actual item would be in the box, if it was a test piece to go through the sticker machine. They would want to use a box with the correct weight and size.

This is still a great piece, but I doubt it will contain any unknown gems. You still stole this at the price you won it for. Like Kevin, I too have a proof sheet (he traded one to me) for this one and that was why I also wanted it.

Chris
    Thanks for the info Chris. If you are interested in it, let me know, maybe we can work something out.

lmk if it has any paperwork, inserts, or stickers in it

Its finally here! It is quite heavy and the AFA casing is very nice!

So did they change sticker placement for production? I remember the "Sky Patrol" sticker being up in the red, white and blue part of the GIJoe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-GI-JOE-...item25688bb257

The "mock up box" is also unlike the retail version in that...

A. it is a flat chip board sytle cardboard rather than an open cell corugated box

B. is two halves, top and bottom (like a dress shirt box) rather than a single piece cardboard

*closes notebook*