New character concept / design site

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

New character concept / design site

I've just started a new blog dedicated to showing my own G.I. Joe figure concepts and design. I hope to post new art at least a few times a week. I used a popular online character creator to make the art. It's starting off very basic, but I'd be interested to see what people think:

joe concepts | New concepts for an American Hero

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by amazingwelkin View Post
    I've just started a new blog dedicated to showing my own G.I. Joe figure concepts and design. I hope to post new art at least a few times a week. I used a popular online character creator to make the art. It's starting off very basic, but I'd be interested to see what people think:

joe concepts | New concepts for an American Hero
    Nice Baroness work, Welkin!

If you want to show off your work, and advertise your site over at og13.com, we'd love to showcase you there as well.
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwise View Post
    Nice Baroness work, Welkin!

If you want to show off your work, and advertise your site over at og13.com, we'd love to showcase you there as well.
    Thanks, that would be great. The site JUST went live, but I intend to update it often. I have a number of these already piled up, so I will be putting up at least a few every week. Maybe another late today or tomorrow.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

...by the way, I may keep tinkering with the layout and theme of the site, so don't be surprised if it looks different now and then.

OK, just one more reply before this turns into shameless self-promotion. Another post was just added, this time featuring more unused 1995 concepts.

Just checked out your site, very cool! I like the Scarlett in the 1982 generic outfit, and the warm weather versions of the snow guys are nice.

Super Joes!

The latest update to the site (there have been a few since my last reply here) is what may be the start of a series of concepts, G.I. Joe characters as superheroes and supervillains. Starting off with Scarlett and Cobra Commander:

Super Joes! | Joe Concepts

Really digging that warm weather Iceberg. Although he looks a bit more like a Desert Stalker to me. Either way, he's super cool and I kinda want to make a toy version of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    Really digging that warm weather Iceberg. Although he looks a bit more like a Desert Stalker to me. Either way, he's super cool and I kinda want to make a toy version of that!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I've finally updated the site after a while. This time, we have obscure G.I. Joe cartoon characters turned into Joes. Japanese trainee Teiko, and Quick Kick's girlfriend Amber:

Cartoon Joes | Joe Concepts