YoJoe! Review: Slaughter's Marauders Battle Set!

yojoe.com

YoJoe! Review: Slaughter's Marauders Battle Set!

Phillip reviews the new Slaughter's Marauders 7-Pack!

Both of Sgt. Slaughter's teams are represented in this new set! Check it out HERE!

Archive entries:
    Barbecue (v6)
    Bull
    Falcon (v2)
    Low-Light (v9)
    Mercenary
    Red Dog (v3)
    Spirit Iron-Knife (v5)

For a great selection of G.I. Joe and military-themed action figures, comics and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

my personal accessory swaps:

~Falcon will for sure get the shotgun, the comic Falcon's backpack, and maybe comic Falcon's webgear, too.
    ~Bull (Taurus) will have his right shoulder pad cut off where the strap connects it to the left shoulder pad, and maybe steal that grenade launcher.
    ~Red Dog just might steal one of city-strike Destro's vests, an Iron Grenadier's "Smart Gun", and some spare "stabilizer arms" from city Strike Destro.
    ~Mercenary deserves one of the Alley-Viper's submachine guns instead of the standard Viper rifle

according to the filecards, that shotgun goes with Falcon and not with Mercer. The black rifle that Falcon is holding belongs to nobody. And BBQ should have a flamethrower.
    Last edited by Average Joe; 11-21-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I initially gave the shotgun to Falcon, too. But it was hard to ignore the fact that the shotgun is placed nowhere near him in the packaging. Taking that into consideration, as well as the many accessory changes made between the press pics and the release, I decided the shotgun went with Mercer.

That is awesome! Its about time we get a new Sgt. Slaughter! I cant pass up on this one!

Dose anyone know if Hasbro needs to get Sgt. Slaughters permission to make his figure?
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kann View Post
    That is awesome! Its about time we get a new Sgt. Slaughter! I cant pass up on this one!
    That Sgt. Slaughter figure isn't included in this set. It's one of the two that were SDCC exclusives in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Kann View Post
    Dose anyone know if Hasbro needs to get Sgt. Slaughters permission to make his figure?
    Yes, assuming he owns his likeness/gimmick, Sgts Laughter has to sign off on, and obviously be compensated for, any use of his image.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Bull head sculpt

I'd like to see someone use that Bull head for custom fodder. The scar is on the wrong eye for either Jet Black or Panthro, but I'm sure someone could make it work.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!