G.I. Joe: Retaliation Trailer - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I assume that is Channing Tatums character (Duke) that is lying dead?
    Parts needed --- buy or trade!!
    Night Striker -- vertical veins & horizontal veins
    Dreadnok stinger -- Drivers door
    CAT -- gun tip, battery cover

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks really good! I guess "Roc" is Roadblock? Vipers/ Cobracommander look muchhhh better.

Quote Originally Posted by starrcommand View Post
    I assume that is Channing Tatums character (Duke) that is lying dead?
    it's not Duke. screen capture that scene and then flip it vertically. You can totally tell it's not Channing. Plus, look at the uniform and the sideburns from earlier scenes of Duke and compare to the dead body.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks pretty good. I never bothered to watch the first movie because none of the trailers and clips I saw from it made me want to see it. Plus, I'm not much of a moviegoer. I've watched this trailer about a dozen times in two days. Needless to say, I'm pretty interested in this one. And, I'm really curious as to what product is going to look like.

Absolutely hated the first movie, but this one looks amazing! Was it really so hard to give CC his battle helmet? Obviously not, as he is clearly wearing it in the trailer. Ninjas don't bother me, Marvel comics through 'em in constantly and those comics were fantastic. I think I had a heart attack when I saw the Rattlers; this movie looks like a live action adaption of G.I. Joe rather than Rocs generic action movie with the Joe name attached to it. Can't wait to see this in theaters!

And judging solely by the trailer, I doubt that the stores will be clogged with unsold merchandise. If the toys are based on this movie with the quality of POC I will buy tons.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG View Post
    O.k., that video was just sweet. Next iteration needs armor plating and a gun turret.
    It HAS a turret! Look at that scene a little more closely!

Things I like:
    • Cobra Commander having his helmet!
    • Cobra Rattlers!
    • Jinx.
    • Adrianne Palicki in that red dress!
    • Bruce Willis as Joe Colton!

Things I LOVE:
    • Ray Park back as Snake-Eyes!
    • New outfit for Snake-Eyes!
    • Red Ninjas!
    • SNAKE-EYES FIGHTING RED NINJAS... ON A CLIFF FACE! IN MID-AIR!!!
    • Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Roadblock!

Things I Don't Like:
    • Storm Shadow still wearing his outfit from the last movie. It's too modern/futuristic for the character. Put him in a traditional shinobifuku! Storm Shadow has always favored the traditional garb, weapons, & techniques of the ninja! It's SNAKE-EYES that wears modern paramilitary gear & uses guns!
    • Firefly spending so much time with his mask off. Call me old-fashioned, but just as with Cobra Commander, Destro, Snake-Eyes, Beach Head, Judge Dredd, Boba Fett, & Master Chief John 117... the mask/helmet IS their face! These characters work better when you DON'T see them unmasked, In My Opinion.
    • No bandolier/baldric on Snake-Eyes' outfit this time.
    • "President" Zartan outing the Top Secret G.I. Joe team to the world.
    • Snake-Eyes' "sidekick" (which is WHO, exactly? Jinx in a different outfit? Kamakura? Someone else?) wearing YELLOW! What movie do you think you're in, NARUTO?!? Wear a PROPER ninja outfit and leave the day-glow colors that'll get you KILLED to the Narutards, mm-kay?

Overall, looks like a big improvement over the first movie! Now, if only we could go back in time and hand the makers of both movies a copy of Snake Eyes Declassified for their enlightenment in regards to the origins of everyone's favorite ninjas!
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

Talking

Oh, and one more thing...

first meme from the new movie... BEGIN!

SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

This movie looks promising. I enjoyed the trailer almost as much as the entire Rise of Cobra; the medivac 'bounce' scene was the best part of that turkey. Maybe Hasbro's designers told Paramount's CGI/FX/Prop guys they were going to hunt them down and kill them if they didn't start using vehicles that actually LOOK like GI Joe toys. 'Bout time too.
    Zombie rule #1: You're always the paranoid one until you have to shoot one of them in the head.

It definitely has that 'Empire Strikes Back' feel.
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by '86 Digital Fire View Post
    So far it's looking very much like the movie I dared not to dream possible. Way to go, John Chu!!!!!
    i agree. very disappointed even the bone heads that directed transformers did a better job