IDW G.I. Joe Titles

yojoe.com

IDW G.I. Joe Titles

I'm going to try starting this thread again. My last one was deleted out and I don't know why (please, administrators, there is no need to delete out a thread like this).

I thought this could be a good thread to discuss what is happening currently in the IDW GI Joe comics. Currently there are 4 titles:

GI Joe
    Cobra
    Snake-Eyes
    GI Joe: A Real American Hero

I figure the other thread already present is good for talking about past GI Joe comics like the Marvel run, Image/DDP, etc.

I'm really enjoying the comics produced by IDW overall, so let's see what everyone else has to say about these titles.
    Star Joes Podcast - A free podcast dedicated to Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, and all of your favorite 80's properties. We review and discuss the current day and past comics of these properties and just have fun. If you love any of the great properties from the 80's then you need to give this show a try. (show is for adults only)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, I like IDW, too, but I'm a bit behind & need to get caught up. Probably gonna buy all the IDW trades over the next few months & catch up that way.

To that end, what graphic novel collections are either available now or coming soon from IDW, and what's the proper reading order?

This would encompass not only the titles listed above, but also G.I.*Joe Origins and any other titles that are not currently being produced with new issues.

I'm assuming the Origins trades should be read first. After that, what's next & what's the appropriate chronological reading order?

Thanks in advance.
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

D'oh! Just saw your other thread, it's still here.

http://forums.yojoe.com/comics/84832...dw-comics.html
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Well, I like IDW, too, but I'm a bit behind & need to get caught up. Probably gonna buy all the IDW trades over the next few months & catch up that way.

To that end, what graphic novel collections are either available now or coming soon from IDW, and what's the proper reading order?

This would encompass not only the titles listed above, but also G.I.*Joe Origins and any other titles that are not currently being produced with new issues.

I'm assuming the Origins trades should be read first. After that, what's next & what's the appropriate chronological reading order?

Thanks in advance.
    The first GI Joe series that came out ran alongside the GI Joe Origins comic run. The very last arc of GI Joe Origins actually gave you a hint that Krake would be the new Cobra Commander.

You can get GI Joe in about 5 volumes in trade form. GI Joe Origins also comes in 5 different trades. The Zartan origin I particularly liked which is trade #4 of GI Joe Origins. Volume 5's story is the one that gives you the hint of Krake.

GI Joe Cobra is a bit odd because there are 4 volumes, but not all are numbered. So the order you'd want to read them in is:
    GI Joe Cobra
    GI Joe Cobra Vol. 2
    GI Joe Cobra: Serpent's Coil
    GI Joe Cobra Vol. 4

Then you would get into the Cobra Civil War which is just starting to appear in trade format. With that you have GI Joe Cobra Civil War, Snake-Eyes Cobra Civil War, and GI Joe Cobra - Cobra Civil War. All of these are just on volume 1, but there will be a volume 2 coming soon. You can find all of them on amazon at a decent price.

This covers all of the GI Joe stuff that IDW has done outside of the "A Real American Hero" issues. Hope this helps.
    Star Joes Podcast - A free podcast dedicated to Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, and all of your favorite 80's properties. We review and discuss the current day and past comics of these properties and just have fun. If you love any of the great properties from the 80's then you need to give this show a try. (show is for adults only)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Lantern View Post
    The first GI Joe series that came out ran alongside the GI Joe Origins comic run. The very last arc of GI Joe Origins actually gave you a hint that Krake would be the new Cobra Commander.

You can get GI Joe in about 5 volumes in trade form. GI Joe Origins also comes in 5 different trades. The Zartan origin I particularly liked which is trade #4 of GI Joe Origins. Volume 5's story is the one that gives you the hint of Krake.

GI Joe Cobra is a bit odd because there are 4 volumes, but not all are numbered. So the order you'd want to read them in is:
    GI Joe Cobra
    GI Joe Cobra Vol. 2
    GI Joe Cobra: Serpent's Coil
    GI Joe Cobra Vol. 4

Then you would get into the Cobra Civil War which is just starting to appear in trade format. With that you have GI Joe Cobra Civil War, Snake-Eyes Cobra Civil War, and GI Joe Cobra - Cobra Civil War. All of these are just on volume 1, but there will be a volume 2 coming soon. You can find all of them on amazon at a decent price.

This covers all of the GI Joe stuff that IDW has done outside of the "A Real American Hero" issues. Hope this helps.
    Sure does, just ordered all 5 volumes of Origins, gonna start there.
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER