Joes from your childhood that got no respect!! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by undercover View Post
    C'mon now take it easy on my man, he was undercover...........lol
    I actually liked Chuckles too, he was from my home state and that little pistol with working holster was just awesome. Since he was undercover I never minded the tropical shirt, it was the pants that bothered me. The pants were a dead give away he was a soldier, he should have had jeans on and tennis shoes.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    I actually liked Chuckles too, he was from my home state and that little pistol with working holster was just awesome. Since he was undercover I never minded the tropical shirt, it was the pants that bothered me. The pants were a dead give away he was a soldier, he should have had jeans on and tennis shoes.

I agree the pants are weak. A Lot of the times when I played back in the day I never actually played gijoe with the toys. I would make up my own stories etc. I had Chuckles in and totally stripped down cobra moray. ( no missiles guns or anything) He was a cop fighting the drug dealers in Miami. Sounds like a show i remember................

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper View Post
    I think it would have to be Dr. Mindbender. When I played I always portrayed him as a whiny, sniveling, weakling of a character who would usually get killed early on. I remember one time I had his cape get caught in the engine of the Warthog and was cut to ribbons.

In the mid 90s I ended up burning the figure at the stake. It was tore up by that point so I figured what the ****.
    And you must be...The Monopoly Guy! (Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls reference)

Mindbender never fit in and I believe it's because he subconsciously reminded me of either the old man from Monopoly or Mr. Peanut (or perhaps a combination of those characters). Also, Tele-Viper always got killed early. I just never liked the way he looked and his 'weapon' was pretty crappy to boot.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    And honorable mention goes to Suck-Out with those rediculous radar dishes on his arms. Though if you used him as a lobotomized body with a CPU grafted to his brain that gets commands from a remote, then hes somewhat more tolerable. The figure itself was not bad looking and went well with 86 Sci-Fi in appearance, but his accessories ruined him.
    But they make for great caption pics.
    "Well whaddaya know? Cobra Commander's personal chemistry set!"

My Wish List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/82931...wish-list.html

#######

On the Cobra side of things, I had a secondhand Raptor with no wings who was beyond useless. The highlight of his career came when the Joes were attacking Cobra's cliffside mountain fortress. Raptor was firing a machine gun alongside the troopers and waxing poetic about being a bird, so one of the Joes called out, 'if you're really a bird, why can't you fly?" and so of course Raptor leaped off the cliff to his death.

I also remember doing a storyline about Crystal Ball being Chuckles' demented werewolf grandfather.

Without a doubt Serpentor was abused the most. In fact, whenI found a cache of old joes and joe parts at my parents, all I could find was serpentors waist and and arm, all painted with either red paint or red fingernail polish. He did a lot of bleeding.

I hated his character and thought was was stupid in all gold. Also dead were anything neon or with neon parts. Really? Neon army guys?

Strangely enough, on the flipside, I seem to recall Storm Shadow always switching sides in most battles, it really sucked to be Cobra.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Joey Lawrence. I ******* hate that guy.

Woah...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
    Joey Lawrence. I ******* hate that guy.

Woah...

YTMND - Joey Lawrence breaks it down

Big Boa... I thought he was an entire waste of space. If I remember correctly I got him for my bday and I traded him to my friend almost immediatly. The only cool figure in my book that didn't come with a gun was Storm Shadow.

Deejay - what were they thinking with that figure? I think I always killed him off when I played as a kid.

My two Star Brigade Armor-Tech figures died within seconds of every battle. That armor did nothing for them.

As I got more figures and didn't need to use everybody, the first ones to fall were Major Bludd, Dojo and Rock-Viper. I've since gained much more respect for the other two, but Dojo is as useless as ever.
    The 91 Cobra Commander was terrible, and I dropped him even before I got a replacement CC. I put a Shredder cloak on Barricade to turn into some kind of Doc Doom type, so that Cobra had a leader. He didn't get much respect, either, as his troops usually turned against him at some point. In fact, SAW Viper beat him up so badly he broke his shoulder and his head was knocked right loose. That was pretty much the end of Barricade as Cobra leader.