What????? cobra commander PROTOTYPE #3 1982? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I guess the tags i was referring to was the moc tags. I just assumed the same process would be for loose figures as well. They used to tag moc items from hasbro that I have seen up for auction many times
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thunt4:
    I guess the tags i was referring to was the moc tags. I just assumed the same process would be for loose figures as well. They used to tag moc items from hasbro that I have seen up for auction many times<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i thought that might be what you were referring to...those are the Quality Control Sample tags i mentioned above. I have a QC mail away Serpentor proto and i've seen quite a few of the carded pieces you've mentioned as well. They definately wouldn't be found on loose pieces tho. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by notpicard:

However, I am kind of curious as to why a # appears on the head. It is possible that the marking is some sort of approval code from Hasbro. I have seen other new protos that have markings where changes in the mold need to be slightly made (or maybe where a particular part of the mold is being referenced). It could be something similar to that if it isn't just a strange custom job that it really appears to be.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Numbered Engineering Pilots have been turned up a few times by vintage Star Wars prototypes collectors. The number usually references the order in which the figures came off the assembly line as these are thought to be the first full production versions to have been made...technically, they could be seen as the very last possible prototypes but that's kind of a stretch as they're simply the first production pieces.

That being said, i really doubt the legitimacy of this piece and i'm pretty sure it's bogus.

Lastly, i'm not sure who it was that mentioned prototypes coming with some sort of tag but i can assure you that unless you're buying a quality control sample (idicated by the QC Sample Tag) that vintage prototypes DO NOT come with any tags to indicate that that's what they are. A well-known dealer may offer a certificate of authenticity but by no means should these be confused with tags that were never issued in the first place. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ May 28, 2004: Message edited by: Tattoo Shane ]
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com