USA Today Debuts Retaliation Toys! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Are you guys seeing what I am seeing? Color! Only one figure is wearing a black uniform, and it's the one that's supposed to wear a black uniform.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I think some of the brighter colored decos are too cartoonish.

I don't know why Hasbro can't stick to tried and true Cobra Blue. That Retaliation Cobra Trooper will look quite Smurfy next to the Renegades Cobra Trooper and Resolute Alley Viper. And by Smurfy I mean literally Smurf-like.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I like the originality of the Halo-Viper.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the Cobra Commander and the Cobra trooper ones. I don't really care for the actor likeness figures.

I'm still on the fence. I was cautiously optimistic after seeing just the headshots of these yesterday, but when I got up this morning and looked at them again, I wasn't nearly as impressed. The only figure I'm really thrilled by is Cobra Commander, and I'm even a bit leery of him, as it doesn't look like he has ankle articulation, which will make him (as well as some of the others that share this unfortunate characteristic) prone to tipping if you don't get ankles that are spot-on.

If I see some really great figures in the second wave, I may pick these guys up so I can have a 'complete' set of figures from the second film, but I'm still not sold. Definitely better than the first movie's toys, but not up to snuff in my mind with the 25th, POC, or 30th Joes.

These look awesome, love Storm Shadow!, no tails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
    I think some of the brighter colored decos are too cartoonish.

I don't know why Hasbro can't stick to tried and true Cobra Blue. That Retaliation Cobra Trooper will look quite Smurfy next to the Renegades Cobra Trooper and Resolute Alley Viper. And by Smurfy I mean literally Smurf-like.
    That's the first thing I noticed too. I hoping that that's just the pre-prod samples colors. Otherwise that would be smurfed-up.

TNI posted pictures of the Retaliation vehicles, SDCC Exlusives, and Role Play stuff

G.I.Joe Retaliation Vehicles & SDCC Exclusives Revealed From Hasbro - GI Joe - ToyNewsI.com
    So much to do, so many things to distract me.
    Check out what I've been doing at JoeDios here

This is all fine except for Jinx being the SDCC exclusive. I see no reason as to why they couldn't release her at retail. They should release one as a part of the main line.

Storm Shadow has a very special look, I think is a must
    Dig a hole and bury me, it just doesn't get better than this!