More GI Joe Retaliation Toys Revealed - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Some of the vehicle drivers are t-crotch in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the JVC launch.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by undercover View Post
    Thirty year old Water Moccasin and AWE Striker molds used again, how many times can you beat a dead horse.........................................
    Well technically, the Moccasin mold is only a few years old. I actually like it's paint scheme here and will pick one up. I agree about the AWE striker though, it's already been done in every color possible, just retire it already.

And Jinx an exclusive? Really? So another 82-87 figure remake I will never own (Sgt Slaughter, Dial-Tone, Zarana, etc).

a little bit of trivia- The rock is the 3rd wrestler to be made into a Gijoe action figure ( Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, The Rock), but he is the fourth celebrity to be made into a Gijoe figure ( Sgt. Slaughter, William The Fridge Perry, Roddy Piper, The Rock)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    a little bit of trivia- The rock is the 3rd wrestler to be made into a Gijoe action figure ( Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, The Rock), but he is the fourth celebrity to be made into a Gijoe figure ( Sgt. Slaughter, William The Fridge Perry, Roddy Piper, The Rock)
    Yeah, but he's not The Rock in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Some of the vehicle drivers are t-crotch in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the JVC launch.
    Not only that, I was looking at a close up of the driver for one of the Ninjamobiles on toynewsi and I thought he looked pretty darn cool. But then...
    Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions
    after closer examination I realized that not only is he t-crotch but other than his shoulders he has no articulation in his arms whatsoever. What. The. Poo.

And that first image that they released of The Roadrock figure...he has a gun thingy permanently attached to his frickin hand.

And this guy:
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...e=800&start=20
    If he wasn't some gimmicky action battle un-articulated guy, he would be a very awesome Snake-Eyes!

And Jinx. My precious Jinx. San Diego is too far and too expensive. Why Jinx? Why? Don't you remember all the fun we used to have from 1987 till you fell apart from too much "ninja action"?
    Last edited by willie&joe; 02-04-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Yeah, but he's not The Rock in the movie.
    Ditto what Spider said. It's not a Rock figure, it's a Roadblock figure. And, if we just went by the "celebrity" criteria, the Roadblock figure would have to be counted after every figure from the first film that used a recognizable/headlining actor's likeness. Instead of fourth, RoadRock would come in right after Arnold Vosloo/Zartan. That's like, 16th or something.

And since I'm overthinking this anyway; It's said that the Slaughter and Piper Joe figs are "based on real people". This is true, but only in a corporeal sense. I'd say the only figure based on a "real person" is The Fridge. The Sgts Laughter and Hot Rod figures aren't so much based on Remus and Toombs as they are on the personas the two wrestlers have adopted.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 02-04-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: overthinking insued...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Well technically, the Moccasin mold is only a few years old. I actually like it's paint scheme here and will pick one up. I agree about the AWE striker though, it's already been done in every color possible, just retire it already.

And Jinx an exclusive? Really? So another 82-87 figure remake I will never own (Sgt Slaughter, Dial-Tone, Zarana, etc).
    You know what I meant.....technically
    Last edited by UNDERCOVER; 02-04-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willie&joe View Post
    And this guy:
    Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions
    If he wasn't some gimmicky action battle un-articulated guy, he would be a very awesome Snake-Eyes!
    It'll make a nice statue. I wouldn't mind him standing there just like in the picture.

Also, I'm disappointed with the drivers apparent inarticulation. But I did notice they did the same thing with the Captain America line. Almost bought the armoured car till I saw that cap had no elbows or knees. Its a weird problem. On one hand most of the vehicles don't sell very well, so why waste the extra money. However, I think many of us buy them to get the driver. I know I only wanted the VAMP II and Crimson HISS for Steel Brigade Delta and Crimson Horseman. I am kind of excited about that new HISS. I wanted two Crimson Horsemen but not two Crimson HISS. Now I can take the tracks off of it and put them on the Blue one. Which will also totally match my HISS Scout.

Who knows, maybe they announced everything early to hear us complain and will fix it all. We still have 3 months before anybody sees any of this. But I've been wrong before about Hasbro strategy.
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 02-04-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

I would say more of a celebration in cost cutting. If that is Hasbro's official stance, that it's a "celebration" of inferior figures that most fans panned, I 'll call "bunk" on that one.

Next they'll choose to "celebrate" Star Wars by going back to 5 POA. When fans ask why they're paying $10 for a stick of plastic they'll just respond, "No, no! It's a CELEBRATION!"

On the bright side, wasn't planning on getting vehicles anyway. It's just a shame that they'd take such a huge step back. Still sooking forward to the single figs.
    Last edited by yojoebro82; 02-04-2012 at 12:22 PM.

I'm going out a limb to guess that Spiderpumpkin was being sarcastic.

I would probably grab both of the Jinx figures if they were available for less than $10 each. I AM NOT spending $50+ on them. You would think that with her being featured in the movies there would be at least one regular release.

I actually like the Water Mocassin. It allows me to army build without buying 30 year old toys which are either broken or overpriced. I might pick up the Ninja AWE reheat, too, as I have a crazy idea to make a radio controlled AWE and would hate to waste a vintage one or two if I mess up.

I'm not a hardcore 25th style guy, so if they look cool in person I may pick a few up.
    Last edited by danyanda; 02-06-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz