More GI Joe Retaliation Toys Revealed - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by danyanda View Post
    I would probably grab both of the Jinx figures if they were available for less than $10 each. I AM NOT spending $50+ on them. You would think that with her being featured in the movies there would be at least one regular release.
    I guess you're not getting one then, lol. Last year when Hasbro put Zarana in their online shop they each went for $15. If you went to SDCC you couldn't get them for less than that(not including the tickets and hotel). And with the number of people that WILL pay $40+ it'll be nearly impossible to get for less than that. I don't blame you for being steadfast. But I would suggest moving your minimum and meeting them halfway. Say $25? Chances are if you find an auction at the right time you "could" get one for that. Looking at past releases, Sgt. Slaughter-Zarana, there is one that goes for $45 and one that goes for $65-75+. Heck, still cheaper than going to SDCC. It'll cost you $100 just to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They look quite good! I am starting my savings regimen officially
    Dig a hole and bury me, it just doesn't get better than this!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    I guess you're not getting one then, lol. Last year when Hasbro put Zarana in their online shop they each went for $15. If you went to SDCC you couldn't get them for less than that(not including the tickets and hotel). And with the number of people that WILL pay $40+ it'll be nearly impossible to get for less than that. I don't blame you for being steadfast. But I would suggest moving your minimum and meeting them halfway. Say $25? Chances are if you find an auction at the right time you "could" get one for that. Looking at past releases, Sgt. Slaughter-Zarana, there is one that goes for $45 and one that goes for $65-75+. Heck, still cheaper than going to SDCC. It'll cost you $100 just to get in.
    Here's the thing, IMO I am not being steadfast or drawing a line in the sand at $10. I have spent waaaaaaay over $10 on a figure before. I may do so again somewhere down the line. At the end of the day, though, I just don't like these figures more than $10 worth. For $7-$10 I will pick up whatever 25th style figures catch my eye as cool. The last ones were the paris chase Snake Eyes and the Ice Viper from the last movie (although I think I did get them on clearance). If I see one of these new movie figures that catches my fancy I'll pick it up. From the pictures it looks like Jinx (either of them) would be the one to get, but I won't pay out the nose for an exclusive one. I just don't like it that much. If the SDCC figure was a completely clear (or transluscent blue) RAH Zartan I would be BEGGING someone to take my $50 for the figure. I would probably pay more than that.

That's just me, though. I know a lot of guys are going all out for the 25th style, and that's fine. I like the 25th style, but I will not be crazily trying to track down every single one. They're just not giving me that much enjoyment past a few to toy around (pun intended) with. And I have way too many JvC and DTC figures that I will never be able to get rid of to ever be a completist again.
    Last edited by danyanda; 02-08-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No worries danyanda. I guess I was more commenting on the fact that you were drawing a $10 line on a figure that will never be $10. I suppose its like saying you'll only get your guys at a ROSS or on sale. Nothing wrong with that. All but a handful of my RoC collection was purchased at discount prices. In fact I thought about that just the other day. I'm not sure I wanna pay full retail for some of these things. Thanks for the expanded clarification though I'm sure they'll make a Jinx for regular retail release(still 14 figures to be revealed). If the SDCC ones don't suit ya, that's cool.

Yeah, I was just trying to say that they're cool, but to me they're not SDCC price cool.

I'm pretty much under the radar in terms of buying anything right now, anyway. Not enough space.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Does Anyone know where one can get the expensive zarana, i only have the One from VvV or Spy Troops, cant remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Outbackbombstrike View Post
    Does Anyone know where one can get the expensive zarana, i only have the One from VvV or Spy Troops, cant remember which one.
    I had to get mine off eBay. All the online retailers I've seen are sold out. Either that or they are way more than the $45 she's going for at auction.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Looks like the rocket launchers for figures and vehicles are back. I guess the kid's in the testing of the products insist on those nifty rocket launchers.
    I don't think they actually test that. Since they own Nerf, I think the same VP requires all Joe toys that they think will sell to be easily cross-promoted with that garbage. There have been spring loaded-missile launchers in GI Joe toys that didn't look like dildo guns, so they can do it, Hasbro just chooses not to and appears to be banking on popularity overriding quality, just like the dying music industry banks on television shows to market their next "stars" for them. I guess the collector/fan market is too esoteric for Hasbro now, too.

Maybe recycling another million or so Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America figures in new Avengers cards will help them sell this time ...because there's a movie. ...because it helped so much the first time. ...because kids want the toys and they don't care about quality.
    Last edited by Psycho Joe Guy; 02-11-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    Zombie rule #1: You're always the paranoid one until you have to shoot one of them in the head.

when are these gonna hit stores? didi i miss that post? cant wait to get the cobra commander and firefly, well as long as it doesnt suck like the last one, and of course a trooper, though i dont troop build gatta get one to round it out.
    Im not Mad at all. Im just differently sane

Official release date is end of May, around the 27th I believe. But its hard to tell. Some people are getting them now and putting them on eBay(making a killing too). I know my area is always a couple weeks behind. But all my Walmarts have made space for them. So maybe it'll work out. If places on the coast are getting them now, perhaps by the official time they'll be everywhere and can go all at once.