"battle gear accessory pack" Cobra Commander guns

yojoe.com

"battle gear accessory pack" Cobra Commander guns

I have an both 83 and an 84 Cobra Commander, each without their guns and using stand-ins. Looking at vintage guns I saw that there's a light blue and dark blue version from the BGAP sets. Before I seek them out for purchase though I am curious as to how their shades of blue match up to the toys in question. I don't want to get them if they're going to look odd.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Don't know for sure about the dark blue one, but the light blue gun is approximately the same color of blue as the guns that come with Recoil, not a match to 82 Cobra Commander, the gun is much brighter sky blue.

If the dark blue one is anything like the dark blue Tele-Viper and Snow Serpent packs then its roughly the color of an 82 Cobra soldier, Its not nearly dark enough to match the Hooded 84 Commander, but far too dark to match the 82 chromedome version.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Diosoth View Post
    I don't want to get them if they're going to look odd.
    You're talking about blue guns. It doesn't matter if they match the figures or not; they look odd!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wouldn't recommend seeking out those guns either, because they don't look all that great. If hunting down the original weapons is more trouble or potential $$ than it's worth to you, the gun was also reissued in black with '97 TRU CC and some post-2000s figures, and that doesn't look half bad.

What I'd do though would be to hunt down the original CC's gun, twice. It could take some time but it's doable! Hooded CC was easily the longest-running mailaway and his gun and helmeted CC's are identical. They're out there. I promise your CCs will look way classier for it.
    Last edited by '86 Digital Fire; 03-01-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by '86 Digital Fire View Post
    ...also reissued in black with '97 TRU CC and some post-2000s figures, and that doesn't look half bad.
    These don't fit in the back of the torso. I'm guessing if you are just going for display-ability, then it really doesn't matter...

Quote Originally Posted by tmc008 View Post
    These don't fit in the back of the torso. I'm guessing if you are just going for display-ability, then it really doesn't matter...
    '97 CC's gun fits. I just checked to test my memory. I don't have the later ones, but I'm not surprised to think they wouldn't.

That gun could be tough to find on its own too, so there isn't much point seeking it instead of an original.
    Last edited by '86 Digital Fire; 03-02-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Here is an auction for a Hooded Cobra Commander that has the dark blue accessory pack gun with it. As you can see it is a slightly different shade.

1984 GI Joe Hooded Cobra Commander Broken thumb | eBay
    ~Pit-Viper~