Who do you believe is the very best new-sculpt figure?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I know a couple of you think the new-mold figures are nothing but crap (and most of them are). However, there have been a few real gems amongst them. Which Joe and Cobra figures do you believe are the absolute best?

Here are my picks:

GI Joe-

Cross Hair

I believe that Cross Hair is not only the best new-sculpt figure, but one of the best Joes EVER. He's cool and believable even if he's not 100% realistic. Cross Hair is easily the best Joe sniper figure, clearly surpassing weak efforts like Wide Scope and even the classic Low-Light. His figure is loaded with detail and the proportions are OK, even for a new-sculpt. The head sculpt is perfect. He's clean cut to the point where he looks a little cold and frightening - perfect for someone like a sniper who is expected to take life in cold blood (and his excellent filecard backs up this inherent creepiness). But what really seals the deal are the accesories. The boonie hat is the best Hasbro has ever produced. The webbing vest is great and the ghillie suit is an absolute neccesity for a battlefield sniper. The rifle is a pretty detailed sculpt of a real-life weapon (in this case a British-made L96), thought it does look a tad small in relationship to the figure. All in all, though, Cross Hair is an A+ effort.

Cobra-

Sand Viper

What can I say? Sand Viper is a simply awesome Cobra trooper. If Cobra were a real organization with real elite soldiers, I would expect them to look somewhat like Sand Viper. His colors are perfect and his molded on body armor is menacing without coming off as flamboyant. Again, the accessories really make the figure. The flak jacket is really too bulky to use, but the helmet with night-vision goggles is, like Cross Hair's boonie hat, one of the best 3 3/4" headpeices ever. The G36 assault rifle is perfect. PERFECT. And I even like the Komodo Dragon. Though I'm pretty sure they don't live in the desert and they would probably be impossible to train, the lizard harks back to those character/animal combos that my brother and I had as kids (Law & Order, Spearhead & Max, Junkyard & Mutt, Spirit & Freedom, Croc Master & his croc). If only all Cobra troopers could be this cool.

So who are your favorite new-sculpt Joe and Cobra figures?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There are only 2 new sculpts that I truly appreciate...

1> Coils v.2
    2> Wild Weasel from the Night Adder
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

there ar ea few i like.
    believe it or not duke- the night force version in particular.
    roadblock isnt bad at all.
    i guess widescope is my favorite.

for cobra-
    well so many-
    pit viper
    heavy water
    neo vipers
    the black suit cobra comdr
    and the infantry TRoops!
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

totally agree with you on crosshair...realistic, and not completely out of wack with the proportions. Cool accessories.

best cobra..televiper. Awesome update of the original.

I have to say, both of your picks are my picks, so to add a little something to this I'll pick my second favorites:

Joe: Flint. I know I am in the minority here, but the JvC Flint is a great figure. are his proportions off? sure, but they work for him. there is something cartoonish yet heroic about this figure that makes him what he is supposed to be: an ACTION figure. while a lot of Joe figures tend to be bland, this guy ain't. rock on in your moon boots, Flint.

Cobra: Dreadnok Ripper. sure, he looks more like Dreadnock Torch, but regardless of who you use him as, the sculpt is great. he is big, mean, and ragged...exactly what a Dreadnok should be and Burn Out ain't. the second version is the better paint scheme.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thorn:
    [QB]there ar ea few i like.
    believe it or not duke- the night force version in particular.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was close to picking this one. I really dig the NF Duke.

Joes
    NF Duke, and NF Recondo

Snake eyes v14 (the one with swivel ankles)

Scarlett the JvC one

Cobra
    ZARANA!!!!! awesome fig
    Dr. M (although the skirt detracts from him a bit cause he cant do some moving)
    My Joes for Sale right here any loose fig 3 dollars or less: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/vie...=12584&start=0

joe kamakura v1 i dig this guy and i hate new scuplts
    cobra tele viper
    Dreadnok for life!
    Holodna hmoora. Eemruchnoh v'doosheh. Kak mohg znat ya shtoh tee oomriosh? Do svidonia, byehreg rodnoy. Do svidonia, byehreg rodnoy. Kak nam troodnag pridstahvit shtoh eto nyeh sohn. Rodina, dom radnoy,Do svidonia Rodina.

Joes
    Shockwave V1, Duke (92 version one, just cause of the flak vest)

Cobras
    Night Viper, Inferno BATS, The Baroness, and the new Destro from the V v V line

Biohazard, I guessed you missed the "new-sculpt" stipulation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That's OK. Those are all great figures, too.