Greatest score ever

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking

This thread has been done before I'm sure but what is the greatest score any of u guys have ever had wheather it be on ebay, from a friend, a show, a store, etc. My greatest score so far has been when I picked up a collection of vehicles and a few mosty broken figures with a complete FLAGG when I say complete I mean every piece there. There were about 30 vehicles complete like MCC, rolling thunder, raven, rattler all this for $200 I even think he would have went lower but I just couldn't do that to him.
    EYES WIDE CLOSED!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye

Awesome score man! The Flagg will never be topped as my personal best score!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

man that is an incredible score!
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Talking

Thanks guys but I want to also know what is your personal best score so far collecting joes (or toys).
    EYES WIDE CLOSED!

Cool

Crimson Guard Immortal UK 1 euro
    Big lot of figures and vehicles $100 including some straight arms, comp firefly, comp SE v2, comp cc1 and about 40 other figs and 15 vehicles all pre 86

My best score isn't from Joe stuff though. I went to a small collectable shop to trade off some VHS movies in hopes of scoring some G1 Transformers. The TFs were gone but I traded about 10 movies for some Micronauts and a loose Black Hole Humanoid. It has no accessories and a broken thumb but where else are you going to get one. My heart skipped a beat when the guy said "... and I have this plain looking Walt Disney figure" and pulled it out. I also scored my Old Bob figure for $.25 at a flea market earlier that year.

As for Joe stuff I have gotten good deals in the past but nothing that really stands out as a huge score. My question his, how do people get these awesome yard sale finds? I yard sale almost every Sat in the summers for the last 10 years and the best thing I found was a broken (but in the box) Rebel Transport for $15?
    Visit my 70s & 80s action figure guide, message boards and online store at action-figures.ca.

Always interested in trading vintage figures of all lines, remember to check my trade and want lists.

Well, I got my Night Raven for $2, that was pretty good...also, General Storm just gave me an old partially complete Terrordrome shell, as well as a huge box of other shells for free. The TD needs a lot of fix up, but that's what I do...
    ....apparently I can't customize for my wants anymore.

hmm, I got an '82 soldier, '82 officer, and '83 viper pilot for $30 at a show, think its worth it alone for the viper pilot.

v1 viper at an antique mall for $2

all i can think of right now!
    "that's the way baseball go"

Convention Jinx, on card, for $15 at a comic book store.