Commander 30 vs 37

yojoe.com

Commander 30 vs 37

Greetings & Hail Cobra! I'd like to ask for some of your expert insight about Cobra Commander figures. I've been researching versions 30 & 37. They are very similar and I wondering how to spot the differnces, outside of the packages. V30 was part of the Senior Ranking Offical set, while 37 came from the Target Ultimate Battle pack. It appears V37 has silver trim along the top of his gloves, 30 does not? Also 30 seems to have a silver pouch on his belt, 37 is black? I'm wonder if these items are variants that occur, or can they be used to tell 30 from 37? I see some ebay listing that seem to show conflicting descriptions and photos. Any insight on this? Are there other markings to help tell them apart? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The two are very different shades of blue. SRO Cobra Cmdr is about the same shade as the original 1982 Cobra Cmdr. The Target Cobra Cmdr is about as dark as most of the 25th Anniversary Trooper and Officers. Also, the Target version does indeed have the silver-trimmed gloves and a black pouch on the upper belt. The Target version also has a slightly darker mask.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."

Thanks so much for help. Fine folks like you are why I love these forums.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    You might wanna' ask the mods to move this thread as it's in the wrong forum.

As for CC 30 vs. CC 37, 37 is a weird darker blue and matches the color of the blue the Flight Pod it was bundled with. Set the CCs side by side and the difference is like night and day. Heck, even apart the difference is obvious.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS