G.I.*Joe: Retaliation... Any 12" figures announced yet?!?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question G.I.*Joe: Retaliation... Any 12" figures announced yet?!?

It's just dawned on me this week... with all the new product Hasbro's announced for the G.I.*Joe: Retaliation line, the one thing I haven't seen announced is... new 12" figures.

And no, I'm not counting those all-plastic large scale (in)action figures of Snake-Eyes and Roadblock from the new movie, as they aren't proper 12" figures. They have limited articulation and the outfits are sculpted into the figure, no actual fabric clothing on them.

So... anyone heard anything? Did I just miss seeing an announcement?
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 04-23-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hmm, I didn't realize it either till you said something. And you can't count the "Ninja Commandos" for the reasons you listed, plus they're only 10" tall.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    Hmm, I didn't realize it either till you said something. And you can't count the "Ninja Commandos" for the reasons you listed, plus they're only 10" tall.
    Yep... too tall to hang out with Megos and Sigma Six figures, too short to hang out with the 12"/1:6th scale crew.

I guess those 2 are stuck hanging out with the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern and Kilowog from the "Galactic Scale" line!
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Exclamation

I gotta learn to be careful what I wish for...

On the plus side, there's going to be a 12"/1:6th Scale Retaliation Snake-Eyes...

The down side: It's made by frakkin' Hot Toys! $195 with NO Timber! Too drokkin' rich for my blood.
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

That's an awesome Snake-Eyes, 200 is a bit pricey though.

Hot Toys are higher quality than SSC. IMO, he looks worth it. If you surf around you can find him for less, I then I pre-ordered for $184 when first announced. Storm Shadow, Joe Colton and Roadblock have also been announced.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

I sure hope Hasbro don't do any 12" Joes. I saw their latest Star Wars offerings at the local Wal Mart today; they're appallingly bad. The articulation is comparable to the 1979-81 Kenner line of dolls, but without removable cloth outfits. They are basically large-scale 3 3/4" figures with 5-point articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McCullen View Post
    I sure hope Hasbro don't do any 12" Joes. I saw their latest Star Wars offerings at the local Wal Mart today; they're appallingly bad. The articulation is comparable to the 1979-81 Kenner line of dolls, but without removable cloth outfits. They are basically large-scale 3 3/4" figures with 5-point articulation.
    I hate for this to sound rude, but why does a Canadian get these before I do? This town can really blow sometimes.

Thanks for the heads up though. I was looking at getting a clone trooper or two. Now I'll just wait till they hit clearance.

The Clone Troopers were at least passable, as I find removable armour on them doesn't really bring much to the table. The Anakin was horrid though. I didn't even bother to look to see if there were any more.

As for us getting them first, it's about time. All through the 90's we were at LEAST six months behind. Some PoC waves we never got either, and that was only a couple years ago. Of course, I never saw a 30th figure at regular retail. Period. I saw them when the dregs showed up at clearance places.

On the Star Wars sites all I'm seeing reports of are Skywalker and a Clone. By the sounds of it looking beyond that might be a waste of time.

And you weren't the only one to get shafted on PoC waves. Stupid Rocky Mountains.