Filling Destro's Ranks - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    Net-Viper X is one of the best I've found for that kind of thing. IF his work was available for sale I'd consider buying it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Plastica
    Net-Viper X is one of the best I've found for that kind of thing. IF his work was available for sale I'd consider buying it.
    Thanks for the compliment Plastica!

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I was marvelling at your pics just before finding this thread. I plan to try that on at least one of my IGs.

Your cobra vommander and night viper are also amazing.
    Thanks for the compliments! I have a picture of one with the red ribbs painted if you want to see what it will look like before painting. This one also has the shoulder ribbs, belt pouch, and sword hangar painted red and the helmet visor has a coat of dark transparent purple painted in so it would still look dark while also provding some contrast between the helmet. Thats how the card art was done, and this one is painted to be like that art.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

That's exactly the picture I was looking at. The only difference I'm considering is painting the tiny strap hanging from the belt and the hook for the sword gold.

Again, great work.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know you use a lot of Citadel colours, Net-Viper. Which red did you use for the IG, do you recall offhand?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McCullen View Post
    I know you use a lot of Citadel colours, Net-Viper. Which red did you use for the IG, do you recall offhand?
    That one was painted with a mix, since the current Citadel Blood Red has an orangy tint too it and is far too bold to match Joe paint. Once upon a time Citadel made a color called Ruby Red that was precisely the color of the red used on a ton of Joes. Now to achieve the same color I use Blood Red and mix in just a touch of Astronomican Gray foundation paint to lighten it abit and remove that orangy tint. Seems like an odd mixture but it works.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    That one was painted with a mix, since the current Citadel Blood Red has an orangy tint too it and is far too bold to match Joe paint. Once upon a time Citadel made a color called Ruby Red that was precisely the color of the red used on a ton of Joes. Now to achieve the same color I use Blood Red and mix in just a touch of Astronomican Gray foundation paint to lighten it abit and remove that orangy tint. Seems like an odd mixture but it works.
    Good to know, thanks! Looks like I'll need to grab a couple pots of each before all the older colours disappear...

I've recently been excavating my eternally messy toy room. After purging a lot of GI Joe stuff, I set up my modest Iron Grenadier forces. I know a sea of black and red doesn't make for the most exciting photos, but I'm proud of my little display.

You can see the Dominator 'flying' in front of the shelf on the left side of the first pic:

Here's my force breakdown:
    1x Dominator with Voltar and MetalHeadV1
    2x Demon (one standard, one alternate configuration) with Ferrets (need more crew!)
    2x AGP with club Nullifiers
    1x Despoiler with Destro V2
    1x Despoiler 'Hot Rod Special' with IG test engineer (aka NetViper style IG)
    2x Iron Mech with MetalHeadV3 and Wild Boar
    1x Iron F.I.S.T.(Forward Infantry Support/Terminator formerly Serpent Armor)
    Gen. Mayhem
    8x Iron Anvil
    'Alexander' Destro V13
    6x Iron Grenadier V5
    +/-18 Iron Grenadier V1, with a couple V6 mixed in

not pictured:
    IG V2, V3, V4
    Undertow V4
    Evader w/Darklon
    Last edited by captainamerica; 05-02-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: typed right, meant left.

captainamerica, very cool display.

Net-Viper-X, cool customs as usual.

Thanks for sharing.