Introducing YoJoe! 2.0

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Introducing YoJoe! 2.0

New and improved database...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

Introducing YoJoe! 2.0

Concise, Streamlined Pics and Information

Archive updates have been pretty quiet around here over the last few months, but it’s been busy behind the scenes. Today we’re excited to announce the beta rollout of a brand new version of YoJoe.
    The first part of the rollout is the 3 3/4" Action Figure Archives. It’s a totally new index layout that lets you navigate by text-link or thumbnail, with fewer page loads to get to the figures you want to see and a lot more information all together in one place.

Figure version lists are easier to navigate and all relevant pictures are on the same page. Filecard images? Card backs? All Geared Up pics? You no longer have to navigate away from the archive entry to view them.

And this is only the start. Over the coming weeks and months, we'll continue to overhaul the other sections of the site, until every corner of YoJoe is up to date. Faster loading pages, clean and sleek layouts, and better images.

We've already added in new figure entries for you to look at. Take a look at the new archives and let us know what you think. Remember, this is a beta. If you like it, let us know. If you see a problem or a mistake or ways to improve it, let us know. If you have better pics, send ‘em in. You’ll get full photo credit if we use them.

Welcome to YoJoe! 2.0

For a great selection of G.I. Joe and military-themed action figures, comics and collectibles, check out SmallJoes.com, Guru Planet, BigBadToyStore.com, MonkeyDepot.com, BriansToys.com, and ToyWiz.com.
    The Biggest Selection of GI Joe Comics at GrahamCrackers.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yojoe2.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	290.9 KB 
ID:	6815  
    Last edited by RedClaw; 05-03-2012 at 11:02 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

WOW! Fantastic job everyone who set up the new database. Great layout and very user-friendly. Seriously, this seems to pull all the best aspects of various toy databases out there and combine them into one great set up. Amazing - I can't wait to see the vehicles next.

Great job!

Awesome update. I love it.

This site is really the model of excellence in toy collecting.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Beautiful work guys! This is awesome! Is it bleeding over into other areas of the site as well like the merchandise, etc.? This will be great for checklists!

Wow! Looks great, guys. I've been coming to this site since it first came online, and this is a nice improvement to an already great site.

JMM

For some reason mine is still the odl way?

That picture of the arcives looks sweet!

When are all the vehicles going to become that way too?
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

Looks fantastic!

I absolutely LOVE the list view and grid view options for the different versions of a specific character. It makes identifying a mystery version of Snake Eyes so much easier.

One thing that isn't there anymore, is the function where clicking a weapon brings up a window that says what other figures used that weapon and the different colors that weapon came in. I found this function so helpful back in the day, I see it's still there in the WHOBIT though, so maybe one day it can be incorporated into the new archives as well?

You guys really have put so much time and effort into this, and it shows. Thanks so much for all you do for us. We don't thank you nearly enough.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    One thing that isn't there anymore, is the function where clicking a weapon brings up a window that says what other figures used that weapon and the different colors that weapon came in. I found this function so helpful back in the day, I see it's still there in the WHOBIT though, so maybe one day it can be incorporated into the new archives as well?
    The WHOBIT only goes through 2003, it is still there. AND it is being upgraded. WHOBIT 2.0 is coming soon.

Let me be clear - every single section and item of YoJoe will be updated and improved. We are working diligently every day to finish this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kann View Post
    For some reason mine is still the odl way?

That picture of the arcives looks sweet!

When are all the vehicles going to become that way too?
    I'm the same way, all I see is the old archive, I don't even see this picture of the new archive you mention

Do I need to use Firefox or something? I've tried clearing cookies to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi View Post
    I'm the same way, all I see is the old archive, I don't even see this picture of the new archive you mention

Do I need to use Firefox or something? I've tried clearing cookies to no avail.
    That's weird. Did you try clicking the link in RedClaw's post?
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.