Sideshow Collectibles GI-Joe figures -- "To scale" with each other??

yojoe.com

Sideshow Collectibles GI-Joe figures -- "To scale" with each other??

Hi Guys,

I recently acquired my 2nd sideshow collectible 12" gi-joe figure. This time I got Dusty. My first one is the Cobra Trooper. I love these things but my question is are they intentionally not to scale with each other?

The reason I ask this is when displayed together side by side my Dusty is about 1 inch taller than the Cobra Trooper. Either he's a really tall Joe, or the Cobra trooper is really short. I just assumed that all these figures would be roughly the same height relative to each other.

Is this abnormal, or to be expected?
    Is there something about the degrees of freedom of adjustment of the figure that you can actually expand or contract the length of any body parts (such as the torso?) to change the overall height? (I didn't undress the figures to examine all the joints, etc.)

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I noticed my Stalker is a little shorter than my Viper too. But sometimes I have noticed that some of the leg joints aren't pushed in all the way. Can't say I noticed much difference when I had my Viper, Zartan, and Black Dragon lined up. I guess I'll have to pull them all out again. Man that's just terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Thanks.

Anyone else notice differences in height and/or scale between various sideshow figures in the line?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I noticed that my Flint and General Hawk figures are slightly different in height. But not by so much that you would notice right away. I think Flint has about an eighth of an inch more in height.

Also, whenever I bend and flex General Hawk's knees, they make a clicking sound. Flint's knees don't. Anyone else notice this?
    "Well whaddaya know? Cobra Commander's personal chemistry set!"

My Wish List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/82931...wish-list.html

#######

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    Hi Guys,

I recently acquired my 2nd sideshow collectible 12" gi-joe figure. This time I got Dusty. My first one is the Cobra Trooper. I love these things but my question is are they intentionally not to scale with each other?
    Just curious, how is a one inch difference "not to scale"? That translates to six inches in real life. I can look to my left and right at this very moment and see poeple with a six inch height difference. While these figures may not all be the same height, they are the same scale. I personally like it when there are realistic differences in action figure lines. It makes it more realistic then every single figure being 3 3/4" or 12" (or whatever the avergae size figure is in a paticular line). More modern Joe figures like Sigma 6 and ROC/25th Anniversay-style figures do this pretty well, and I appreciate it. I want Roadblock to dwarf Tunnel Rat. Destro has regularly been shown as taller than CC, so why not make the figures that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder_fan View Post
    Also, whenever I bend and flex General Hawk's knees, they make a clicking sound. Flint's knees don't. Anyone else notice this?
    Yeah, Stalker clicks too. But none of my Star Wars guys do. Its something to do with that body type they "upgraded" to.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy