wolverine variants

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wolverine variants

I wanted to ask you guys if there was any real difference between the U.S. WOLVERINE & the one they sold in the UNITED KINGDOM ? Obviously the U.K. variant had different stickers & a different driver (Ton-up/ rock N'roll ) but was there any color difference in the plastic ? the shell, missiles, tow rope or the engine cover ? I seen this auction & wanted to know if it was a UNITED KINGDOM variant or a U.S. variant

G.I.Joe/Action Force | eBay

I would really greatly appreciate the help with this , before I win something that isn't what I though it was or drive the bid up on something I can't win
    Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like the same one listed on Blood For The Baron /toys/003/af/013/index.html
    UK versions appear to have grey engine covers and missile turrets. The main shell also appears more dull green than the US version (but that could be lighting).
    The BFTB example also seems to be missing the tow rope, but the missiles are darker than the eBay auction photos (again, could be lighting).
    Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on DailyMotion http://www.dailymotion.com/kevinlr1 on FRIDAYS!
    and on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/formbx257 on SATURDAYS!
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

The reference they have on BLOODFORTHEBARON FOR 1985' AF has a green engine cover & turret. the pictures are not the best on that site- but the picture of the box front clearly shows it to be green & not grey ? I dont think the wolverine in the auction is legit IMHO. Anybody else have a opinion ?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a UK Wolverine and it has a grey turret and engine cover like the one on EBay. So does the BFTB picture, although the box cover shows one with green parts, the box cover photo does not match the vehicle inside.

If you're interested there's also the SAS Black Wolverine that comes with 'Hunter' (A Cobra Officer repaint).
    Last edited by Jordell; 05-07-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: spelling

There are three variants of the UK Wolverine, all completely different to the Joe / US version as follows:

SAS Wolverine with Hunter (Black / Grey, SAS Decals);
    AF Wolverine with Ton-Up (Black / Grey, AF Decals); and
    AF Wolverine with Ton-Up (Green / Grey, AF Decals).

The Green is a completely different shade to the US version.

Cheers

Jon
    "I would like to drink a toast to Batman... Shuperman... and the Human Torch. AH-HA-HA!" Billy Buddusky

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    To my knowledge some UK Wolverines were the same as the US ones but there were definitely some that were different. Here is a pic of my three:

UK SAS on the left, UK regular in the middle, US on the right.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

what would the value of the UK green wolverine and Ton-up be???

what are the rarity and value of the UK green wolverine and Ton-up figure as I have recently acquired both in excellent condition and looking to sell them on?

go to eBay UK & do a completed listings search to see what people are paying for it over there. I would consider what people are paying for postage , when I have winning bids from Europe- I take into the price of shipping for there over all value . But that's just me ( I think ?) watch this auction :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-For...item1a077a7e44

this is not the black wolverine but a very rare UK green verson

Quote Originally Posted by navy viper View Post
    go to eBay UK & do a completed listings search to see what people are paying for it over there. I would consider what people are paying for postage , when I have winning bids from Europe- I take into the price of shipping for there over all value . But that's just me ( I think ?) watch this auction :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-For...item1a077a7e44
    I have one currently up for sale that you have seen on ebay. But is ridiculously rare and never seen on ebay except for once in a blue moon. I have the centre one on the poker table you have featured. I'm interested to know how much I will end up getting for it.

I wish you the best of luck selling it , I would venture a guess of $50 to $75 ( not counting shipping) I was under the impression they were not that difficult to find ? I have had mine for over 3 years now & I don't check eBay U.K. as often as I used to do ? so maybe it is that difficult to find ?