Movie delayed until 2013?! - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    I think with Avengers killing tickets sales for Dark Shadows and Battleship they didn't want Retaliation competing against it.

Its really interesting to see how a movie studio works. They've invested millions hoping for another blockbuster. Avengers kills it and Battleship sunk. That's the reality I feel. But over a month away near 4th of July weekend for a "hero" movie and they instead book it for a March? Makes me wonder if there was more technical problems with the film than they'll ever release or got better audience reaction from another Paramount film also scheduled for that time period. I don't buy that it was just to be more marketable in the 3D space or overseas.

Will I still go see it? Yes. Will I still buy merchandise? Yes. Do I like it, heck no. What can Hasbro or Paramount do to make up for it? Now that the actors are free from endless promo appearances, maybe they should go see the fans up close. We're warm and fuzzy on the inside and dig celebrity appearances.

Dan
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hasbro is going to be PEEVED!

Wow. I was getting pretty stoked about the new movie, the previews really looked like the Joe I hoped the first movie would be. It must be a real stinker to pull it this close to the release.

I could care less about 3D it's a gimmick to make more money. The picture quality loses so much.

Here's hoping that any retooling they do just makes for a better movie. I'll be looking forward to seeing it on a 2D screen.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I wouldnt and still dont plan on watching it on 3D when it comes out! I never liked 3D at all! It makes my eyes all buggy and It cost wayyyy more then an already rip off movie theater ticket price!!!

I am reallt disappointed in this news!
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

I am so Glad that Parmount doesn't run the James Bond Franchise This would have me flying off the walls in a white hot burn down the studio rage if they did. Quite frankly though This is the most ridiculous steaming pile I have ever encountered in the movie industry so far. Avengers wasn't 3-D (Least not the one I saw) and It kicked @$$!!!!! (AND! I'm a die hard 100% DC Fan and i loved it!)
    G.I. Joe retaliation doesn't need 3D and honestly when It comes out on DVD (A YEAR AND A HALF FROM NOW!!!!!!) I won't be buying (or downloading it on iTunes in 3D.
    CM: Charlie-Mike, "Continue The Mission."

Thumbs down

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this... I am FURIOUS with Paramount over this decision!

Not only are they ruining the Summer of 2012 for myself and all the other Joe fans that were anxiously awaiting this movie's release next month, they are ALSO throwing Hasbro and the retailers that sell G.I.*Joe merchandise UNDER THE BUS!

As everyone here at YoJoe should know, the merchandising push for the movie has already begun! Amazon.Com has begun selling their exclusive Retaliation "Preview Set" of 4 figures, including an exclusive version of Cobra Commander, wearing a black uniform similar to what he wears in the new movie.

Major retailers such as Wal*Mart, Target and Toys "R" Us are supposed to put the movie toy line and other assorted merchandise on sale on May 28th, which is Hasbro's official Street Date for the merchandise, but those that live in the Mid-West, near Meijer stores, have been finding the toys on the shelves since early April. Hasbro's own online toy shop will begin shipping the items in the first week of June, just a few days after they go on sale at retail. And smaller online toy stores have begun taking pre-orders for the merchandise.

But now, with the movie TEN months away, this will spell DISASTER for the retailers. Simply put, Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Public will have ZERO interest in buying these items for their kids when the movie doesn't come out until March! And in the world of big box retail, 10 months is a LONG time! Target and Wal*Mart and TRU will close these toys out at clearance prices long before the movie hits theaters, and then when the movie's actually out, the kids won't be able to get the action figures they want, because the scalpers on eBay will drive the prices up through the roof!

This whole thing is a giant cluster frak and is proof positive that Hollywood "suits" are completely and totally CLUELESS.

For all these reasons, plus the fact that I was dying to see Snake-Eyes kick Red Ninja butt on the big screen in what will be one of the most memorable action sequences ever committed to film, I am now officially BOYCOTTING all Paramount Pictures productions, and I encourage everyone in this thread to do the same! I will NOT go see their movies on the big screen, which does mean that I will NOT indulge in any repeat viewings of The Avengers, since Paramount distributes it in the United States. I will NOT watch their TV shows, and I will NOT buy any of their Blu-Ray or DVD releases, including The Avengers and other recent Marvel movies, until such time as I am able to watch G.I.*Joe: Retaliation. Paramount will not get one red cent of my hard-earned money until I can watch this movie.

Everyone that grew up on the Marvel G.I.*Joe comics should do the same, because this movie was going to move the story and tone closer to the Marvel comics, and farther away from the silliness of the old G.I.*Joe cartoons, which is exactly what the franchise NEEDS to return it to the greatness it enjoyed in the 1980s!

Oh well, I guess I'll watch G.I.*Joe: Resolute on June 29th, instead.
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

"Everyone that grew up on the Marvel G.I.*Joe comics should do the same, because this movie was going to move the story and tone closer to the Marvel comics, and farther away from the silliness of the old G.I.*Joe cartoons, which is exactly what the franchise NEEDS to return it to the greatness it enjoyed in the 1980s! "
    AMEN.

Burn in the **** Paramount. I hope You'll fail soon.
    But respect for Jon Chu.
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

For me, this whole movie idea sucks I would love to see what paramount has but since they are being more of a jerk then most video game companies that are releasing a great game
    e and at the last minute they found a bad bug that delays the game a two months.
    check my want
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/34774...ure-parts.html
    read my fan fiction in the fan creativity section
    please visit http://jimmyz.myminicity.com/ and my website http://jmsberetta.webs.com

take this for what it's worth...i know nothing more about the film than this:

i just watched a dvd today that my friend picked up in baltimore, and it appears to be a "workprint" version of the film. many of the special effects are unfinished, and several sequences are missing the digital backgrounds (just the actors against bluescreens, with minimal props). i will avoid posting "spoilers" here in the thread, but i will give some opinions:

it had some decent action sequences, and huge plot holes. it often seemed like they took two scripts, one a sequel and one a reboot, and randomly picked scenes from each...and tried to make a movie from them. also, the rampant death of characters from the previous film was pretty disappointing. i'm not totally opposed to the death of characters, even beloved ones...but bringing someone back onscreen for 18 seconds (and played by a different actor) just to kill them seems senseless. also...calling this movie gi joe is really misleading...it played to me like "roadblock and some other people."

i'm hoping, if indeed the rumors are true about the negative audience reactions, that large sequences of the film will be re-shot and reorganized.

Quote Originally Posted by neapolitan joe View Post
    "Everyone that grew up on the Marvel G.I.*Joe comics should do the same, because this movie was going to move the story and tone closer to the Marvel comics, and farther away from the silliness of the old G.I.*Joe cartoons, which is exactly what the franchise NEEDS to return it to the greatness it enjoyed in the 1980s! "
    AMEN.

Burn in the **** Paramount. I hope You'll fail soon.
    But respect for Jon Chu.

Did Jon Chu actually make that quote?