Movie delayed until 2013?! - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Head View Post
    Did Jon Chu actually make that quote?
    No. It was a YoJoe poster a few posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Everyone that grew up on the Marvel G.I.*Joe comics should do the same, because this movie was going to move the story and tone closer to the Marvel comics, and farther away from the silliness of the old G.I.*Joe cartoons, which is exactly what the franchise NEEDS to return it to the greatness it enjoyed in the 1980s!
    Oh well, I guess I'll watch G.I.*Joe: Resolute on June 29th, instead.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by warchild rex View Post
    take this for what it's worth...i know nothing more about the film than this:

i just watched a dvd today that my friend picked up in baltimore, and it appears to be a "workprint" version of the film. many of the special effects are unfinished, and several sequences are missing the digital backgrounds (just the actors against bluescreens, with minimal props). i will avoid posting "spoilers" here in the thread, but i will give some opinions:

it had some decent action sequences, and huge plot holes. it often seemed like they took two scripts, one a sequel and one a reboot, and randomly picked scenes from each...and tried to make a movie from them. also, the rampant death of characters from the previous film was pretty disappointing. i'm not totally opposed to the death of characters, even beloved ones...but bringing someone back onscreen for 18 seconds (and played by a different actor) just to kill them seems senseless. also...calling this movie gi joe is really misleading...it played to me like "roadblock and some other people."

i'm hoping, if indeed the rumors are true about the negative audience reactions, that large sequences of the film will be re-shot and reorganized.

ahem..... eaklay ootay the oardbay easeplay
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    ahem..... eaklay ootay the oardbay easeplay
    feel free to message me with questions...i have no problem divulging what i saw!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What is so big about the new movie toys? To me they look horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Head View Post
    What is so big about the new movie toys? To me they look horrible.
    This looks horrible to you?

I'll agree the Zartan is weird. The Cobra Trooper looks like a Spiderman villian. The Joe Trooper is clearly a HALO ripoff. But after that I just can't agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    This looks horrible to you?

I'll agree the Zartan is weird. The Cobra Trooper looks like a Spiderman villian. The Joe Trooper is clearly a HALO ripoff. But after that I just can't agree with you.
    Wow, another red ninja. And one out of how many? Roadblock and almost all the others look like crap.

Being "another red ninja" doesnt' make it a horrible looking figure. I'm not following your logic. So what if we have had a version of red ninja before, that doesn't take away the quality of this particular figure.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

EDIT: I was hastey in my initial response. I apologize. I am unable to delete. So let me just say, that's cool that you don't like them. That's just more for me
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 06-04-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy