A little help - pre-production items

yojoe.com

A little help - pre-production items

Hi all,

Several years ago I came across a selection of various toy prototypes from a former employee, among this lot were some G.I. Joe pieces. Mainly accessories, some of which I have identified - but I'm not particularly aware if there may be something especially interesting in there or not.

There were also some sample camo face paints included:

One of the pieces that I could readily identify from being different to production was this:

with a clear visor.

Here are some more pictures of the lot:

Not great pictures I know, and obviously some items are not Joe but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Ras
    Last edited by Ras; 06-15-2012 at 06:50 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, I'm no expert. But I'll throw some ideas around.

1. Those little red swords? Those are cocktail spears. For olives and little hot dogs and stuff.

2. That Laser Viper helmet with the clear visor is SUPER cool!

3. Silver "Order" is really neat too. Or is that white?

Otherwise I'm not really seeing much else in there you can really identify as special or pre-production. Maybe those facepaints to the right collector.

Its a nice little pile of parts though. If you don't want it let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Is silver order just a custom paint job?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Silver Order reminds me of the Snow Serpent dog.

The little rubber ninja guys are ticket wins at various pizza chains. I have some purple and black ones from a pizza inn back in 1990. Also, I think the silver order is a custom, if you look closely you can see where the paint has pooled in some of the sculpt. Oh, and aerosol can is a small micro machines playset. There is a way to take it apart, but some of them can be a bit puzzling to figure out. I had a blue one and it was annoying to unfold and put back together!

Do you still have most of these things?