Stinger or HISS Tank...what's your Cobra "go-to" vehicle??

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stinger or HISS Tank...what's your Cobra "go-to" vehicle??

Alright Joes....sound off!!

So you're an anonymous Cobra Officer taking the fight to the Joes in some mudhole and really doing a good number on em. You anticipate the Joes counter attacking any moment with some heavier toys (so far they've thrown some Steel Brigade fodder at you ). You can call up a company (4) of HISS tanks or Stingers.....what's your call???

Im taking HISS tanks.... never seem to run dry with ammo and look menacing. Though the Stingers would be good to use in a support role,,, picking off Joe vehicles with the missles and then falling back to rearm.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

I would say hiss tanks if the Joes are going to be bringing there heavier toys! Onlybad thing is if they start doing a number on you it would b hard to get away!
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm taking Stingers.

That's 16 rockets to launch from out of harm's way, the way I see it.

Either way, you are going to manage to jump out before the laser blast hits you, so it's all good.

I'd take STUN's with those ridiculously large laser cannons and then run away quickly.

If its a ground attack then you would want a H.I.S.S. all the way. Stinger is an anti aircraft vehicle so it would be of little use in a ground engagement. That being said neither is really made for combat, the H.I.S.S. is an armored recon vehicle like those armored cars used by the Germans in WW2, it had guns but they were meant mainly for defense against attack, they were not meant to fight in battles on the offensive.

If you are going up against tanks you use HEAT-Vipers and hit the enemy in the pocketbook, since you could field a platoon of them for the cost of one tank, and it only takes one HEAT-Viper to turn that enemy tank into a 1.5 million dollar scrap pile.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    ... Stinger is an anti aircraft vehicle so it would be of little use in a ground engagement. .....
    True! I think I'm going to switch my decision over to the HISS now. A little extra armor.
    Back in the day, when I had my Stinger, I think I played-out more battles where I was "shooting" other ground vehicles almost exclusively. I don't think I ever "shot" a missile into the air from a Stinger.
    But, then I never had the blueprints for that vehicle. (I think it's interesting how the file cards and box descriptions and blue prints kind of put my imagination into gear into what I think a vehicle is/ was.)

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    If you are going up against tanks you use HEAT-Vipers and hit the enemy in the pocketbook, since you could field a platoon of them for the cost of one tank, and it only takes one HEAT-Viper to turn that enemy tank into a 1.5 million dollar scrap pile.
    That's an angle that's actually led me into how my "joe-verse" is shaping these days, with technology and all, a Viper can become a powerful force in and of himself!

Stinger - cooler vehicle, cooler driver.

I would bring up the 4 Hiss tanks on either my left or right flank dependent on the terrain..let the joes counter attack my forward infantry positions and hit them with a delayed flanking attack severing their lines of communication and resupply..chaos ensues joes cant go back, can only press forward against dug in infantry with enemy armor engaging their rear. as the joe counter attack flounders i would order the infantry on the opposite flank to the attack to link up with the armor attacking from the rear...at this point I would as a gentleman offer the joes an honorable surrender. If refused I would liquidate the joes trapped in the pocket...