Joe Con Pics!

yojoe.com

Thread: Joe Con Pics!

Joe Con Pics!

Pics from the First Day of Joe Con 2012 are now online!...

To insure your action figure collection, get in touch with our sponsor Collectibles Insurance.

We've been working hard to provide you all with some great coverage of this year's Joe Con. Our first batch of pictures have gone up. Be sure to check them out here!

For a great selection of G.I. Joe and military-themed action figures, comics and collectibles, check out SmallJoes.com, Guru Planet, BigBadToyStore.com, MonkeyDepot.com, BriansToys.com, and ToyWiz.com.
    The Biggest Selection of GI Joe Comics at GrahamCrackers.com.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A) Was there a Skinny and co. sighting, & B) how were things over at the YJ booth? I see you have your tactical field console set up over there behind the S.N.A.K.E.

Thanks for taking pictures of the dealer room. When not attending it's always fun to see what was for sale and on display at the booths.

Was it busy compared to other years? It looks very slow in the dealer room. I wonder if many general admission people showed up?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some very nice pics indeed!
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

Great coverage of the con!
    That picture of Magic Mike during the presentation of "Ultimate Duke" must've gotten a few laughs!
    Awesome, Hasbro's finally making micro figs again!
    Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on DailyMotion http://www.dailymotion.com/kevinlr1 on FRIDAYS!
    and on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/formbx257 on SATURDAYS!
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

Great pics! hopefully I'll have all mine posted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Was it busy compared to other years? It looks very slow in the dealer room. I wonder if many general admission people showed up?
    A lot of the dealer room pics look like they were taken either before or after show hours. My booth was the one with the sheets covering everything, and they were only on the items when the show was closed for the day.

As for the attendance? Yeah, it seemed a lot slower than previous years. I heard the Club & Hasbro did very little promotion for it. Sure, we all knew about it because we are Joe nuts, but the local public had no idea. Friday was very busy with all the Gold Ticket holders and Registered members, but the General admission crowd for Saturday and Sunday seemed very low. Heck, there were only 20-ish people lined up Saturday morning before they opened the doors. Usually there is a large crowd of people waiting to get in.

Great pics. Hope you don't mind but I put a link on our facebook page (Outer Rim Toys) for the 2nd to last dealer room shot. That was our booth and silly me forgot to take any.

Quote Originally Posted by yeti76 View Post
    Great pics! hopefully I'll have all mine posted soon.

A lot of the dealer room pics look like they were taken either before or after show hours. My booth was the one with the sheets covering everything, and they were only on the items when the show was closed for the day.

As for the attendance? Yeah, it seemed a lot slower than previous years. I heard the Club & Hasbro did very little promotion for it. Sure, we all knew about it because we are Joe nuts, but the local public had no idea. Friday was very busy with all the Gold Ticket holders and Registered members, but the General admission crowd for Saturday and Sunday seemed very low. Heck, there were only 20-ish people lined up Saturday morning before they opened the doors. Usually there is a large crowd of people waiting to get in.
    General Admission was seriously low this year. Brian said max 200 on Sat. He said the studio not wanting to answer questions about the lack of movie led to little advertising. There were suppose to be vehicles, props, guests, etc. that were pulled as well. In his words, he did not want to have the show in New Orleans. That was a decision by Hasbro/studio. There's just not enough of a population to support it.

While I see his points and agree with most of it, I did feel that this was the most unorganized JoeCon I've attended whether as a member 4 years ago or as an exhibitor for 3 years now.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Outer Rim Toys and Collectibles