Suggestions on customizing an APC

yojoe.com

Suggestions on customizing an APC

Its 105 degrees outside right now so I'm not gonna set foot outside if I don't have to! Instead, I have been looking through my Joe graveyard trying to decide what to keep. I have a couple of APC shells that are missing some or all their wheels. I'm thinking about customizing at least one of them by turning it into some sort of half track vehicle. I don't really have any tank tread pieces lying around so I wondered if any of you have ever done something similar and if so which vehicles tank tread works best on the rear of the APC. Any suggestions?
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1:16 workable tank tracks. Expensive, but when done right they look amazing. A few common sets are for the german ww2 tiger tank, the abrams tank and the german leopard 2 tank, but ther are more options available
    Looking for Brazil Estrela Falcon Piloto(tan glider pilot grunt) and Estopim(tan Grunt) complete, as well as an Argentine front(Grunt) a Venezuelan Grunt(not sure of name). Thanks

mauler....or cut and splice some stun wheels together around some thread bobinns done it before and it turned out looking alot better than you would think..nice post count Wild Weasel...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    nice post count Wild Weasel...
    LOL, I'm glad I was here to see that. If you got here late...too bad. I'm not explaining the joke to you, I hate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

^ask this guy
    Looking for Brazil Estrela Falcon Piloto(tan glider pilot grunt) and Estopim(tan Grunt) complete, as well as an Argentine front(Grunt) a Venezuelan Grunt(not sure of name). Thanks

Man now your post count is alot better! ahha! I would think maybe using some some tank threds for the wheels would look awesome! Then it can go thru anything to transport soldires from or away from any type of sticky battle!
    Bring back at least one classic O-Rings exclusive figure to the gi joe international convention each year!

Quote Originally Posted by wild weasel tank buster View Post
    1:16 workable tank tracks. Expensive, but when done right they look amazing. A few common sets are for the german ww2 tiger tank, the abrams tank and the german leopard 2 tank, but ther are more options available
    WWTB, I'm not that familiar with these. Got a link to one or more of these tanks?

Also, any suggestions on Joe tank treads. dont have to be the actual treads, the hard plastic entire right and left sides like the wolverine or something would be fine with me. Just need something about the same size. But I do kinda like the stun idea.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####