Advice for selling 25th MOC

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice for selling 25th MOC

I've decided to no longer be a MOC collector. I have everything 25th Anniversary style both MOC and loose, and I decided I only want loose. MOC takes up far too much space.

My question is, how should I sell the collection? Individually, full collection all together? I was thinking a happy medium would be to sell individual waves together. Like an auction for all of Wave 1, all of Wave 13, etc..... But then there's the question of harder to find variants like yellow stalker, black timber, anchor gung-ho, etc.

All input would be appreciated
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I guess it would depend on how fast you want them to sell, how much money you hope to make, or whether or not you care if it goes to a collector or a re-seller.

Not counting things like yellow stalker and such, I'd say I'd like to get back what I bought them retail for. So probably 7 bucks each or so. Other than that, I don't really care who buys them or how.

The big thing I worry about with selling them individually is that they'll be cherry picked and I'll be stuck with an incomplete collection of undesirable figures.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    The big thing I worry about with selling them individually is that they'll be cherry picked and I'll be stuck with an incomplete collection of undesirable figures.
    True dat... The commons, lets say, could all go in one lot, you might have to take a hit on those, but you should more than make up for it on your rarer ones.

I would hit up YoJoe Sponsor SMALLJOES.COM - GI JOE 3 3/4" Action Figures, Military Toys & Models, Shopping Store I know They buy whole collections, and will probably give you the price you're looking for. Most of the 25th stuff they've been selling lately has been $12-15. So they probably bought them for $7.

But I would sell Yellow Stalker and maybe one or two of the other rare ones, Shipwreck(depending on the tattoo), or anchor hat Gung-Ho seperately. Or I would even say, just keep those. Then some day when you NEED the money you can auction them off for a couple hundred bucks. And a handfull of carded joes shouldn't take up too much room.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Oh, but before you do I'd love to give you $10 for a Matt Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    I would hit up YoJoe Sponsor SMALLJOES.COM - GI JOE 3 3/4" Action Figures, Military Toys & Models, Shopping Store I know They buy whole collections, and will probably give you the price you're looking for. Most of the 25th stuff they've been selling lately has been $12-15. So they probably bought them for $7.
    I doubt they paid that much for it. They are an online business and are willing to sit on stock for a while. If they are going to sit on it for a while, I see them buying for lower than that and selling for higher than what the market might normally go for. Most of the 25th line isn't even worth the retail prices on the secondary market. Getting $7.00 a figure individually is going to be a challenge. Getting that much for as a lot? No way. My advice is cherry pick out the good figures that fetch higher amounts. Sell those off individually. Then sell of the remaining figures as 1 large lot or multiple smaller lots. Hope that you get $3-4 a figure in those lots. That is exactly what I did with my 25th collection. I got about $3.50 a figure when I sold the last lot of nearly 80 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91 View Post
    I got about $3.50 a figure when I sold the last lot of nearly 80 figures.
    Wow....that's kind of dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    Oh, but before you do I'd love to give you $10 for a Matt Tracker
    If I decide to break up the waves, he's all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Wow....that's kind of dissapointing.
    Granted, I sold mine to a local person. So the value was lower for not having to deal with the hassle of shipping nor did I deal with any ebay or PayPal fees. Selling on ebay will get you a little more than that, possibly as much as $5.00 a figure. But ebay giveth, then ebay taketh away in fees.