Project: O-ring Shooter

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Project: O-ring Shooter

Update: 5/7/13 In hand pictures of the final product.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shooter.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	231.6 KB 
ID:	16411

This is a side project I am working on and will be gradually done over time. The project is the creation of a vintage style o-ring Shooter from the Joe Declassified comics. For now, all that is complete is the sculpt sheet. The design and line work was done by Derek "Hendercrazy" Henderson.

I've been playing with the colors and they are still a work in progress. I've seen many differing opinions on the correct colors. I've decided to use the colors as they actually appear in the comic. I figure they aren't being altered by the darkness because the Cobra Troopers who appear in the same panels have their classic colors unaffected by shadows.

The 3D model work has begun as well. More updates to come.

Last edited by Falcone; 05-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This is the updated coloring. After further inspection it seems Shooter's uniform is green.

This is the near completed 3D model (not my work) for Shooter's sniper rifle.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Seriously, I want one!!!

But, are you aware about the Project ARAH?
    Project-arah

Project is currently on hold, but I can see Shooter being made next. So, we should all work together.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by martin-montreal View Post
    [IMG]
    But, are you aware about the Project ARAH?
    Project-arah

Project is currently on hold, but I can see Shooter being made next. So, we should all work together.
    I'm actually signed up for Project ARAH. I'll send you a PM later when I've got more time.

The manufacturer I was planning on using doesn't use 3D models for their production process though, they want to sculpt a prototype. I will either have to find a new manufacturer or not use the 3D model. Here's some work in progress pictures of the figure model anyway. The model is not my work.

This is the work in progress of the prototype. Some of the external detail and all of the internal detailing still needs to be done.

Oh wow that is cool looking, from computer to fig.
    Check out my YouTube channel = zartan

Thats looking really good Falcone, very nicely done! Your making really good time on it too, you must not be a procrastinator like I am. I can drag a two week project out for years.

If I might ask, what kind of sculpting putty are you using, and how does it compare to green stuff (Kneadatite)?
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Very well done! Here is a constructive feedback... I find her waist a little bit too big. Is it possible to make it slimmer?

Are you making her swivel arms? How will be her neck (ball joint)?
    Last edited by martin-montreal; 09-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted