Cobra Infantry Pack...(rare soldier?)

yojoe.com

Now I am by no means prejudiced, but if you read this correctly, you'll understand where I am going.

The newer Cobra infantry pack has 1 African-American soldier. Now if Infantry packs are "seeded" in cases of the 6-figure packs, and only 1 African-American figure is in each pack of 6, do you think the these figures will become a higher dollar commodity in the future?

And has anyone else noticed this, and thought about putting some of these away? Just curious.

Loki

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

In the long run they might be worth a little more. Not by much though.

I don't think they will be worth more. All six figures are unique. First you have two different officers (Scarface and the other one) Then you have four troops. While there is only one black soldier, the three white guys each of a different hair color. Therefore, the blonde soldier will be just as rare as the black one.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Question

I don't understand. Each soldier in the six pack is different in some regard, so they should all be equally rare (or common depending on how you look at it). Am I missing something?

I think they will be worth someting later. I have a bunch of these 6 packs that I'm gonna keep around for the long haul.
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZblayloxzuess3-16

"HOW RARE IT IS"
    "SEE IT'S BADGES"

Talking

i could never put any away. i can't help myself but to tear open joe packages. the number 1 reason i don't collect stuff still in package [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Looking for Starcom stuff, will buy or trade for

I just purchased one, and I guess I did not look closely enough. Now I see that in fact each is different, thus will be equally unique. I thought Scarface and the African American were unique, and the others were all carbon copies. My bad.

Thx!

Personally, I can't see there being any real price difference. Viper pilots (glider soldier) are only worth more simply because they weren't really sought after in the first place. I don't think that they were widely purchased. Afterall, in 1983, as a kid even then we knew the economics of it all, why pay $8 for a figure and a glider when you could get 2 figures for the same $8? I know I always placed the figures over the vehicles (unless they were really cool vehicles) so why get a viper pilot when I could get a cobra, who basically looks like a viper pilot, and a Snake eyes figure too? Or more importantly, get two cobra's to battle the very sided Joe army. I mean it's only after 20 years, and a site like yojoe.com where we can see the difference in body construction, where we see the overall uniquess of the figure, and know about it's rearity. Secondly I think most collectors look at the logo's condition overall. That being said, if anyone wants to make the claim that the Black soilder may be worth more than any others in the infantry pack, the same can be said of Scarface. As similar as these figures look to each other, yojoe.com has laid out differences amongst them all, so essentially, you have 6 unique Troop builders.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rah-digga:
    Personally, I can't see there being any real price difference. Viper pilots (glider soldier) are only worth more simply because they weren't really sought after in the first place. I don't think that they were widely purchased. Afterall, in 1983, as a kid even then we knew the economics of it all, why pay $8 for a figure and a glider when you could get 2 figures for the same $8? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I first starting getting them they were $1.99. The FANG was like $2.99 and the STINGER was $7.99. But me and my bro had both Glider's which would fly a really long ways from the top of a 2 story house. My parents were nice enough to buy another one when the first one's broke. But after they broke that was it.

[ June 23, 2004: Message edited by: red25thta ]

Really? You had it good. Joe figs were $3 a pop and that was at TRU. The nearest TRU was far for my 8 year old butt so I was left to my local mom and pop chains which sold figs for $6. Yeah it sucked but I missed those mom and pop stores with the little toy section in the back. Either way, I was like "Why get the Cobra glider when i can get the same figure and someone else?" Little did I know that that silver emplem would mean so much.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?