Did Grand Slam ever do ANYTHING? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve French:
    I think he wants to buy all the grand slams and destroy them... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope not I still need to buy him.....
    Check out my YouTube channel = zartan

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have gotten over Grand Slams' treachery. When I realized it was my own stupidity that traded those valuable cards for a $3 Joe figure. I am sort of hoping he will be re-introduced into the line one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cernunos:
    Didn't he crash through a bus windshield and beat the tar out of Major Bludd in #17 of the old Marvel series?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, I literally just got done reading that issue. I'll keep posted anything else he does
    Me too! Happened to pick up a whole bunch of the comics at a local comic store I hadn't been to in quite some time. It was wonderful. Picked up about 30-40 issues. Now I am about halfway to completing the comic run, and I've been reading from the beginning for the last couple of days...
    Sorry, I blacked out there for a minute. What did I miss?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've been starting to read every GI Joe comic in order and within the first ten, Grand Slam had blown up one tank, but got hurt, so he had to recover. Not sure how many issues he'll be out, but when I get to him again, I'll post again.

He Was made as part of the 25th ann collection They put him with a Black SHARC and made hima Target exclusive attack on Cobra Island.....oddly enough he is the only one of the original 13 Joes to Not have a Black Display Stand with his name on It
    CM: Charlie-Mike, "Continue The Mission."

Grand Slam had a major comeback in Image/DDP Volume 2 run.

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/image/dd39.shtml Issue #39 he is part of the scaled down Joe team lead by General *ahem* Serpentor *ahem* Rey.

Makes an appearance in #40

In issue #41 he parachutes into a fight. And since he is in his silver uniform it fits with the parachuting.

The series ends two issues later.

Of the original 13 Joes only Stalker, Hawk, Snake Eyes and Scarlett are apart of this scaled down version of the team.

So that puts him in good company.

Especially, since Flash and Breaker are dead at this point.

And don't forget he got a solo cover (ok, solo as in the only Joe on the cover) #17, http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe17.shtml

With Grand Slam's come back in the DDP run, I believe that puts Short Fuze as the least used Joe of the original 13. Then Zap & Steeler who both very active in the first 20 issues. And made appearances here and there for the next few years.

Here is his whole history and comic appearances.
    http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/jo...=158&Itemid=53
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

For all that he did, "Bunt" would have been a more appropriate name.

It's his own fault. If he would have had a backstory that tied him directly to Snake Eyes, he would have got more story time.
    *insert something witty here*

He is like the guys who signed the Declaration of Indepedence that we never hear about in the history of that event.

It doesn't matter he is one of the original 13 and for that he will always be ranked and talked about way higher then most of the Joes who had more page time.

And I would bet that nearly every kid had him & his laser cannon as a toy. I loved the fact that Clutch could pull that cannon around.

Heck, just look at this page.
    http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/jo...&limitstart=50

Three Joes with more views: Heavy Duty (cause of the movie), Flash (an original Joe more popular them him) and Firewall (?????) with Footloose and Heavy Metal close behind.

And he definitly hasa a fan following.
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

Grand Slam would probably make a good Origin story. Since he doesn't have much history weighing him down, a complete continuity could be written.