Did Grand Slam ever do ANYTHING?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I was looking at my silver pads Grand Slam the other day, and I was thinking to myself, "man what a cool guy, neato jet pack and all." Then I started thinking about all those cool missions he went on in the comics, and those cool issues with him on the cover. Then I realized, this cat never did s@#t as far as I can remember. I grabbed a couple of issues and thumbed through, I found one issue where Hawk picks him for a mission, and then for the rest of the issue, they call him Flash!! I haven't read through every issue to find a story involving him, but what an under-used character! I think maybe issue one has him in the mix a bit, can't remember. Think how cool it would be for him to always be showing up with some experimental piece of equipment to save the day, or have it blow up in his face. Alot of possibilities! Come on DD!! Lets get Grand Slam on the Cover!!!
    Jimmy cracked corn. And I don't care.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know. I just read that issue. In a later edition of Postbox: The Pit, they said they mistakenly put his name on the computer screen and Flash was supposed to go on the mission

He also had just 1 non-speaking appearance in the cartoon!
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Didn't he crash through a bus windshield and beat the tar out of Major Bludd in #17 of the old Marvel series?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cernunos:
    Didn't he crash through a bus windshield and beat the tar out of Major Bludd in #17 of the old Marvel series?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, I literally just got done reading that issue. I'll keep posted anything else he does
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

In a much later issue, (66?) He was shown training new joe recruits, Budo and Lightfoot.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graz73:
    In a much later issue, (66?) He was shown training new joe recruits, Budo and Lightfoot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was Grandslam in that issue? I could only remember Zap as one of the trainers.

Man that's a good issue.

Yes he did. Grand Slam caused me to lose out on thousands of dollars. In 1988 or so I traded a shoe box full of baseball cards to a friend for a single Grand Slam figure. I had missed out on getting him and I was a completist nut at the time.

About 4 years ago I ran across the friend and he thanked me for helping him get through college. It seems the shoe box had several Mickey Mantle, Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, and other hall of fame cards in it. He said he sold the cards one at a time to help pay tuition, rent, books, etc..

Now you can get Grand Slam on Ebay for under $20. Grand Slam.. I curse his name..

Grand Slam.. I curse his name.. [/QB][/QUOTE]

HA!! Too funny!!
    Jimmy cracked corn. And I don't care.

I think he wants to buy all the grand slams and destroy them...