Hansome Snake Eyes??

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello..
    I have been wondering this for a while.. But how come Snake Eyes was thought to be all deformed from a blast originally, but now when he takes off his mask he is all blonde and good looking???

Did he get surgery somewhere along the lines?? Did I miss an issue?? I missed issues 5 - 23 of the image RAH.. did it happen then??

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Snake Eyes had unfinished plastic surgery in issues 94-96 of the Marvel Run. Unfortunately the Baroness got in the mix, capped Scarlett, and kept the surgery from being complete. That left old Snake Eyes with a scarred but much less disfigured face than he had previously had. Apparently he had surgery again during the hiatus between the Marvel and Devil's Due series. He is seen in DD#1 with little or no scarring on his face at all.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Yeah, but in DD/Image series he has a huge scar across his face after a battle with Storm Shadow...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The surgery was complete - he was fighting the pain bros. to escape and got a thing of hot coals thrown in his face. that he only has the one scar seems stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gunless
    The surgery was complete - he was fighting the pain bros. to escape and got a thing of hot coals thrown in his face. that he only has the one scar seems stupid to me.
    Right, you kinda wonder what they were thinking. . .

"Hey, let's give Snake-Eyes plastic surgery so we can disfigure him ALL OVER AGAIN! Wouldn't that be kewl?"

I swear. . .I have NEVER felt more sorry for a comic book character than I have for Snake-Eyes

-PJ

Read 5-23 DD is doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!

Botox goes a long ways.

Question

Isn't that just a rubber mask?

Quote Originally Posted by gunless
    The Pain Bros. didn't do any permanent damage. Snakes wore some bandages for a short time after that, and from then on - until his D.D. encounter with Storm Shadow - he has "pretty Aryan" features every time he is unmasked.

The big problem with Snake-Eyes is that even before he had the surgery, he was seen "maskless" quite a few times. He just wore a rubber mask to hide his true face. After his encounter with the Pain Bros., when he was shown "maskless", it could have been with his rubber mask on. I would imagine getting a faceful of hot coals would do some permanant damage that plastic surgery wouldn't fix.