What was your first Joe comic? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

#1 was also mine. #16 was my next one and from there I got a subsciption from Marvel starting with #23 up to the mid-60s or so before I failed to get it renewed. About 5 years ago I completed my collection of the Marvel run. Right now I am working on the European Missions.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The issue with Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow (46 I think) bustin' through the door. I collected for years before that, but didn't start collecting the comic until then.

Talking

A brazilian edition #1, "Comandos em Ação" (our version for the name G.I. Joe) about 88 or 89... i liked the story very much "Operação Lady Destruição"(Operation: Lady Doonsday) a lot!

By the time, the action figures in Brazil came before the comics, so i have many of the Joes that are on this first comic, and learned that Snake-Eyes was the action figure Invasor, who was sold in my country as a bad guy;... cool [img]tongue.gif[/img]

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Issue #1. A friend of mine a couple of doors down from me got it and showed it too me. I was blown away. I went to the grocery store the next day and bought it off the magazine rack. That was the first comic I ever bought. I didn't buy any more until issue #4, then a couple of years later I got 24 & 25 off the news stand and managed to fill in holes and continued collecting up until #79 or 80 with a few later issues randomly thrown in. The new comic 3 packs are the best thing hasbro has done in the past 10 years.
    Booya!

For me it was issue 104 which I remember rereading a lot. I only got the comics every now and then, but now I'm half way done my collection, started last year.
    Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
    Check out my blog on toys!
    http://mizak23.blogspot.com/

My first was issue 15 and i've been waiting for Kwinn and Dr. Venom figures ever since.

hmmm

My first issue of GI Joe was issue #49. The first appearance of Serpentor. I saw the ad on TV. I didn't know there was such a thing as a GI Joe Comic. Hell it was 1985. I was what 11. It was my gateway into a much larger world, comic books and I haven't looked back since.

The first I read was issue #1. My buddy Ryan had just gotten it from his grandparents. I liked it so I ran up town to buy my own. Well, they must have had it for a while because the issue that was on the shelves was #17, my first. That was the best selling comic in town and it was really hard to get each issue when it came out. I loved it. I always regret reading it, I quit because some friends of mine gave me crap for still reading GI JOE when I got older.
    Selling out! LMK what you need!

Tiline, Livingston Co., KY, USA, N. Amer., Earth, Sol Sys., Milky Way, Universe
    I remember it like yesterday. Mine was number 32, with Zartan and the Noks driving their bikes on the cover, fresh off the rack, in `85, at the old Minit Mart where I lived. Unfortunately, I cut out an add for a flying Eyeball thingie. Years later, in 1993, I was fortunate enough to have a friend that just so happened to have the same issue. I told him about my story and he gave me his copy for free. Wish I had more friends that would give me stuff for free, ahem, Gemini Matrix

I started with the original number 1, then didn't pick another up until issue 7, then I had a complete run from 11-61. I lost interest at that point but came back from issue 100-126 and then stopped for good. I went back and picked up 2-6, 8-10 and a few others. I started reading the DD series but lost interest after issue 8.