What was your first Joe comic? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    my first issue was #1....but in my opinion the comic took off after issue 20

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

my first was # 34 "Shakedown". Dont even remember getting it. Got into the comics around 48, was going though a stack and found it. I was supprised that I had gotten one over a year prior and didnt get hooked!

Definitely the Dreadnoks issue, apparently number 79.

Highlights:
    -Cross-Country circumventing rush hour in the HAVOC
    -grape soda!
    -the 'Noks picking on the poor army reservists
    -Mutt going nuts after Junk gets winged

And I still have it, rips and all! I'd love to dump my GI Joe vs. Transformers,
    though. Didn't get to read the miniseries until long after it came out, and
    HATED it. =(

Peace,
    Pat
    Last edited by orionlukteel; 09-10-2004 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Found it on the archive!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

As a child my brothers and I managed to aquire issue #49 (stealing the remains for Serpentor - long gone now), Tales of GI Joe #14 (which I still have, now coverless, and two pages interestingly put in backwards from when we got it), SM #7 (again, I still have it coverless), and SM #18 (that is lost as well). Aside from those I usually just read them in the grocery store while my mom shopped. Then I started buying at #115 (I was like 11 and finally had enough money) and I have been a faithful buyer ever since.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

My first Joe book was Image's #2. I then bought #3, couldn't find #1, and dropped it since there was too much backstory I wasn't a part of. Fast forward to earlier this year when I figured I'd get into Reloaded. That series is meh so far, so I am going to get the Marvel trades, and also start collecting Image backissues.

24 what can I say The Commander escapes was the coolest!

my first was #9, my mother bought it with other marvel comics... and my first issue of Playboy magazine(sept.81), heh, heh. but #11 is what hooked me: Snow Job, Airborne, Gung-Ho, Doc, Wild Bill, the Battle Bear snowmobile, and... Destro!!! what more could you ask for???
    MICHAEL FIGUEROA

Mine was issue 17 with Maj Bludd on the cover. Everything took off from that point. My first figure was Stalker and of course I got Maj Bludd shortly there after. Then when the cartoon came out I was basically in heaven. It's funny that I saw this question today because just the other day I was telling my own kids about my first comic issue, joe figure and how my friend and I played GI Joe after the cartoon was over. In fact I've shown my kids the PSA's and they actually love it and learn from it, so you could say GI Joe is a big hit in my house.

i think the first one i bought was issue #3 - #1 & 2 were not that easy to find, but technically #1 was the first- my best friend brought it to school, and he also loaned it to me for a few days. we were totally hooked. hot potatoe!
    i remember it took about 2 years to finally get my own #1.
    that got me into the whole world of comic collecting , and joes of course
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

my first issue was #1....but in my opinion the comic took off after issue 20
    no way! #2???? #10 i think ? - springfield???? there were a lot of great issues. maybe the full on story line didnt get inot detail but there were great ones right off the bat i think
    need 88 TF dusty crotch