Where to buy CCG? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, it's not going to be $63 for a starter set or anything like that. The Booster packs sold in singles are SRP'd at $2-3.99. I believe the starter set was $12.00 but don't quote me on that. And yeah, the cards are going to be sold all over the place. I hope the game does well... all these other card games seem to last years and years if the kids latch onto them.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ok, good. I was hoping they will be in everywhere. I guess i will just try Walmart or Target. Thanks for all the info.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    One bad thing I will say about Wizards of the Coast: marketing-wise, they tend to cram games (good or otherwise) down people's throats. This kinda cramming is gonna be great for a change haha.

I SOOOOO hope this game goes off well.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes $63 was for a booster BOX

Sorry,

Didn't may myself clear, that was $63 for a box of 36 booster packs.

Normally per pack in the store they run $3.30 or right around there plus minus a dollar, but if you just buy a booster out right, you can cut costs by around 50%. I've been told it would take on average 2 - 3 booster boxes to complete the first set, hopefully by forming my contacts list in the other forum some of us here will be able to complete the set using on a box or two at most.

I thought I heard somewhere starters were going to be around $10.

Anyhow, price wise, these prices seem to align themselves right around what WOTC price most of there stuff at, so though it's a bit pricey, it's fair market price.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

My local Walmarts sell Yugi-O,Pokemon,Marvel Comics,and all other type of CCG cards. Kmart as well sells them in my area. You might find them at cheaper prices then buying from a comic or game shop. I may buy them for the art but I really do not have anyone that would play the game with me.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    I'll be playing for sure, probably not as heavily as I do most of the card games I play, but I will play some.

I can't see this game sticking around for more than a year or two. Its sad to say that but the CCG market is tough and WOTC games in particular outside of Magic don't live too long.

People will collect them but unless people go out and play, in stores, tournaments, etc the game will never really build a secondary market buzz and it will fade out, possibly very quickly.

Personally, I'd like to try it but I've spent too much on CCG's that never get played to spend anymore, I'll have no one to play with so no point in me buying any.