Congrats Detroit

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i never get into basketball, but game 5 was a awsome game! congrats to the pistons and pistins fans!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

and la is unstoppable all this coming from a seattle fan
    Dreadnok for life!
    Holodna hmoora. Eemruchnoh v'doosheh. Kak mohg znat ya shtoh tee oomriosh? Do svidonia, byehreg rodnoy. Do svidonia, byehreg rodnoy. Kak nam troodnag pridstahvit shtoh eto nyeh sohn. Rodina, dom radnoy,Do svidonia Rodina.

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye

It shows what happens when a couple of megastars and a slew of nobodies (Lakers) go up against a true TEAM (the Pistons).

Way to go Pistons!!!! The Bad Boys are back!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Barvo Pistons...

LA fans, cram this series down your throat!

Everyone thought the Lakers were untouchable.
    It's nice to finally see someone prove them wrong.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

sad sad series i tell ya. its pretty bad when you get a team like the Pistons who dont really have any HUGE names like the Lakers do, and they just kill the Lakers. I dont like basketball personally but it was funny to see a team like the Lakers losing games inupwards of 15 points per loss. Glad to have something good back in detroit

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> sad sad series i tell ya. its pretty bad when you get a team like the Pistons who dont really have any HUGE names like the Lakers do, and they just kill the Lakers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think it's far from sad. It shows that a true TEAM can still win. Detroit had EVERYONE contribute on both ends of the court, not just count on two people to do everything on offense like LA (Shaq and Kobe). LA's fatal mistake was the same thing most NBA teams do: rely on their megastar(s) to do everything. They came against a TEAM that plays TEAM ball, and they got absolutely schooled.

The Finals just proved true the saying that "Offense gets the glory, but defense wins the game". The Shaq and Kobe Show can't do much against a team that can play as one unit.

Congrats Detroit fans. Live it up! You guys earned it!

*coming from a long-time Cavs fan who vividly remembers the Pistons "Bad Boys" teams of old*

2 words....Bill Laimbeer!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Prozac's ebay auctions

Not a basketball fan here either but did enjoy seeing last night game. I'm pretty sick of the Lakers.

Agreed Gemini, I think we're through seeking the Lakers for a while, at least in their current form. I could see Malone returning, Shaq will be back, Jackson...who knows, Kobe is gone though, be curious to see where he ends up.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2 words....Bill Laimbeer!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three Words.....was a thug

Detroid reminded me of the Patriots in the NFL this past year, a number of solid players working together to form a excellent team.
    ReilToys has closed - thanks for all the memories guys!

Secret Military Installation near the Pacific Ocean

basketball = team sport

Detroit's team definitely played a team sport ... and that's the way to success ... one superstar cannot really do it all ... even with Chicago Bulls & MJ ... he still needed Scottie Pippen and a bunch of key team players (ie. Horace Grant, Steve Kerr etc.)

congrats to Detroit ... they deserved it!