Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs up

very well done!!!
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very cool. Awesome conversions and great paint jobs, very tight. Those guys freak me out though for some reason...
    Selling out! LMK what you need!

Thanks for the compliments again guys. I put some time into these figures and I'm glad you guys have enjoyed them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shipwrecked85:
    [QB]... how did you paint them all so neatly?...
    ...anyway, i have another question. how'd you do the arm with the knife on it? [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as the painting, it just took a very steady hand and a fine brush.

The knife on the arm is actually Skymate's arm. That was hard to paint mainly because it is very detailed part, but it was a good challenge.

Here's the link to that http://www.yojoe.com/action/91/skymate.shtml

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Question

Hey....I did not read the whole post...but I was wondering...what type of paint did you use...it looks like acrylic paint...which means you must have base coated these guys when they were taken apart...did you do this by spraying them with a primer...???

Also how the paint holding up when you move them?? The neck joints would be killer!!

I have been painting for years...lol...well decades now (ouch)...and in my experience the Joe joints will peel the paint off...did you find a way around this or are you just really careful...???

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spillspleen:
    Hey....I did not read the whole post...but I was wondering...what type of paint did you use...it looks like acrylic paint...which means you must have base coated these guys when they were taken apart...did you do this by spraying them with a primer...???

Also how the paint holding up when you move them?? The neck joints would be killer!!

I have been painting for years...lol...well decades now (ouch)...and in my experience the Joe joints will peel the paint off...did you find a way around this or are you just really careful...???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Carl, it is acrylic paint, Testors to be more specific.

I didn't use a base coat or a primer. I just put the pieces together and painted away.

I try not to pose them because the may chip. The neck area is not that bad. I thought that I would have to retouch that area frequently, but I haven't had to yet.

I didn't know you customized. Do you post your stuff?