NEW BOOK! 100+ pages, 750+ images. International Figures and more!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation NEW BOOK! 100+ pages, 750+ images. International Figures and more!

Hey all,
    It is Ron Conner. I apologize for being a lurker on the boards lately...but I have a good reason. My partner (Derek Anderson) and I have been working very hard on a book that involves the various G.I. Joe figures from around the world. This new 100+ page book features figure variations from over 13 different countries. You will see all the cool variations from larger markets like Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, India and the European countries. Plus learn about the other markets like Australia, Canada, China, Egypt, Japan, Korea, Russia, South Africa, and Venezuela. My trigger finger is tired out after photographing over 750 images. With that many pictures, you can imagine we cover a wide range of content. The book is based on the international figures, but we also go over things like package styles, re-packs, file cards, unique art, blue prints, vehicle samples, and much, much more. This book isn't just for International collectors, since it can help American collectors too. We all have figures and accessories in our collection that don't quite match up to the American ones. With this book you can track down exactly which country this mystery variant figure came from. Each country's introduction page describes the paint, plastic and construction characteristics so you can be sure where your figure originally came from.
    The price is 29.95. Around the price of what both American Figure Guides would cost (the old red and blue ones :1982-1994). Plus we have a price guide so you don't get screwed. I wish I had this book years ago when I started collecting. It would have paid for itself 10 fold by now just from deals gone wrong where both parties were not talking about the same thing. For instance, getting a figure missing an accessory, or buying the wrong variation. Here is another example how this book pays for itself...don't sell yourself short! At this years convention at Disney, a dealer friend of mine was out hunting for Joes to stock his booth. He found a 1983 Stalker that was in great shape, thinking it was an American figure. After he bought it, he showed it to me and said...hey this is a Funskool version! So we checked the price guide and found out how much this India Stalker was worth vs. the regular American version. He then resold it at the show and more than doubled his original profit margin if he would have sold it as the more common American Stalker. So in buying, or selling, it pays!
    You can also keep track of your collection in the checklist in the back of the book. I know it has helps me keep my stuff straight.
    We are also setting up a message forum to increase the excitement of these cool International figures. A place to go were I can better answer your questions directly and help collectors learn more about this exciting field of figure collecting. I am nearing the end of my figure collecting, and I wanted to share my experiences with you all in a tangible way...a book you can take and use anywhere.
    In closing, I want to thank the entire Joe community. I have dealt or talked with many of you, and you guys and gals deserve the credit for making a happy collecting community. I have seen different toy communities, (Star Wars comes to mind) where the atmosphere can be a bit more..."competitive and heavy". We can think of no better place to have invested all the blood, sweat, tears, time, and tons on money.
    G.I. Joe Rocks!

BTW: Feel free to email me direct if you have any questions. I would be happy to try and help.

God Bless and Yo Joe,
    Ron Conner
    G.I. Joe Book Author @ http://www.backinthedaytoys.com
    G.I. Joe Toy Dealer @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/gijoe334.htm
    G.I. Joe Fan Site Webmaster @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/webcamp.htm

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

As I said in my other post, for any collector that is interested in International Gijoe figures this book is a must. It answers many questions that I had, and has great pictures to clarify which country the figures are from. Definately good reading!!!!!! I highly reccomend this for the collector that is into variations
    Drew

Well I guess now that I ma about to dive face first into funskool.. I should probably pick this bad boy up.
    The Call of Chaos
    It's a toll-free, long distance call from the warp.

Zinthos.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey Ron, great idea putting a book out to cover foreign figures, it must have been some task. As of lately I have really fallen in love with foreigns (even asked you about a couple from your site lol) and something like this would be very helpful. Especially when dealing with the figures from India and all the crazy variations out there. There are so many different figs form so many different countries. And so many subtle variations that it can be super difficult to even know what you got. I want to welcome you to the boards and I'll have to get your book! Take care.
    Selling out! LMK what you need!

This should give everyone a better idea of the content. Here is a link taking you to the image of the Back Cover. It really lays out what the book is all about. Many of the pages are based on the "Action Figure Archive".
    Please visit:
    http://www.treasuresntoys.com/backinthedaytoys.htm

Thanks!
    Ron
    God Bless and Yo Joe!
    Ron Conner
    G.I. Joe Book Author @ http://www.backinthedaytoys.com
    G.I. Joe Toy Dealer @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/gijoe334.htm
    G.I. Joe Fan Site Webmaster @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/webcamp.htm

im hoping my email gets through, i am very interested in getting a copy. if you dont receive an email from me please drop me a line.
    The GR81 has spoken!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dryhawk37
    As I said in my other post, for any collector that is interested in International Gijoe figures this book is a must. It answers many questions that I had, and has great pictures to clarify which country the figures are from. Definately good reading!!!!!! I highly reccomend this for the collector that is into variations
    Drew

bah! you are just pimpin' the books b/c you are mentioned in the back

just kidding...i signed up and picked up my copy at the con. really great info in there. ron and derek put alot of work into the book and it shows.

Just ordered mine!
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

I saw the book at the convention, really, really good stuff. I didn't buy a copy (yet) as I'm not that big into foreign figures (hard to believe considering how many I have at the moment) but I'll get a copy at some point. It's informative reading if nothing else. You should check it out.

Smile I Got It

I think I met u at the show. I brought one of those books and got my friend to get one also
    Well worth it guys