Has Paypal Changed?

yojoe.com

Has Paypal Changed?

I am no longer able to send an instant payment from my account, only credit cards and e-checks. A friend told me he received an email a few weeks ago announcing changes to accounts. I have the free personal account, since I never upgraded to premeire. Does anyone know if they have taken the ability to send instant payments away from people who only have the free accounts?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Arrow

Yeah, you are right there were changes but since I was already upgraded, I ignored the changes.

Looking at paypal it looks like you should still be able to send money.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...p/gen/accounts

Personal Accounts
    Send money for FREE
    Receive money for FREE (non-credit card payments only)
    Can upgrade to a Premier account at any time
    I suggest calling them and address your problems with them personally

(888) 221-1161
    (650) 864-8000
    or
    (402)935-2050

I found these on paypalsucks.com
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I sent a combo payment from my PayPal balance and bank account on the 7th. That doesn't make sense. They prefer people to send money from a bank account rather than use a credit card. Why else do they make us confirm we want to change payment method to a credit card?
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, I'll have to go ahead an call. I hate dealing with PP and Ebay customer service. I just wanted to see if this was a new thing, or if something was wrong with my account. And it seems to just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick A. Riley
    I sent a combo payment from my PayPal balance and bank account on the 7th. That doesn't make sense. They prefer people to send money from a bank account rather than use a credit card. Why else do they make us confirm we want to change payment method to a credit card?
    i think they perfer the bank account method, because they can 3rd party the money and hold onto it for a day or so. if they have everyones money for a day or so they can loan it out like banks do to other banks on a daily baisis at a low fed funds rate. so they can make money on your money. I dont know if this is true, but if they could, they would be able to make some good money.